Ingot Anxiety

user name

user name

Reaction score
Im doing a large anterior case on a young lady. Her natural teeth are in the 'A' color range. She has been bleaching and has is close to an A-1/A-2 cervical. She wants to go lighter on her upper that we're restoring; a combination of crowns and a bridge. She has very dark preps. Doctor asked for e.max but I got permission to do PFZ instead. Im going to use Argen esthetic for the frames in 1M1. Pressing with e.max HT, what ingot do you think would be close to a final 1M1 in brightness? I can obviously adjust the color and tweek with enamels and effects, but I don't want to go overly bright to start. Im thinking BL-3.

Sorry no pictures...Im just thinking out loud and curious what ya'll think.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
BL3 and 1M1 are pretty close in color and value. I would use BL2 if I was going to layer.

user name

user name

Reaction score
My mistake...they don't have 1M1, so Ill be getting the frames in 0M3.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Im doing a large anterior case on a young lady. Her natural teeth are in the 'A' color range. She has been bleaching and has is close to an A-1/A-2 cervical. She wants to go lighter on her upper that we're restoring; a combination of crowns and a bridge. She has very dark preps. Doctor asked for e.max but I got permission to do PFZ instead. Im going to use Argen esthetic for the frames in 1M1. Pressing with e.max HT, what ingot do you think would be close to a final 1M1 in brightness? I can obviously adjust the color and tweek with enamels and effects, but I don't want to go overly bright to start. Im thinking BL-3.

Sorry no pictures...Im just thinking out loud and curious what ya'll think.
So I haven't pressed any emax to zirc. Whats the advantage? I am curious about the margin design, is it a 360 butt or will the emax press knife edged to the zirc margin?

user name

user name

Reaction score
You can do them either way; knife or butt. I just like doing the press because theres no shrinkage, they look good, and I can wax faster than I stack. In my weird way, I think Im more comfortable making teeth a bit more twisty and natural in wax, where when Im stacking I tighten up and make things overly straight. Just my thing.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Just to clarify, you cant press the e.max Press material to zirconia. You can press the e.max ZirPress. be sure not to confuse the two they are very different materials.

e.max Press is the one everyone thinks of: Lithium Disilicate (400mpa flexural strength)

e.max ZirPress is Nano Flourapatite ceramic (110mpa) almost identical to the e.max Ceram, but in ingot form for pressing

As for your framework choice. If I couldn't get a 1M1 I would choose a 0M1 not 0M3. The 0M3 will be too high in chroma and by time you lower the value to match the 1 value group you will be too chromatic, in my opinion.