in lab to exocad

S

Slayfin

Reaction score
You could use the advanced feature to close the holes, that way you can keep your data instead of trimming and losing valuable info in the opposing. Also, it looks like you are ok in regards to the axis, but when you first import the software will ask where to set it. Make sure you're looking at the prep from the right direction. I think you did this part ok, just sayin.
I didn't know that on the first place so I had problem with defining the margins, after that accidently I tried to change the axis as you said and then yes I could proceed normally

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
mohammad if youve used this tool i have some questions; 1. how long is the free trial in reality? is it like winrar where the free trial lasts forever with basic functionality?

if not, what level of performance is needed for the import/export you are talking about? Basic/advanced/premium?

regarding the trial i don`t really know, i use to use there free viewer, its free but limited to one object and not supporting all 3d file format and there is no saving, but will explode any stl file.
i download the trial version yesterday, i think they are very strict regarding trial time.
the problems in the DLN remind me of those old stuff i'v been using so i went there and download just to make sure not to make mistakes.

i found the program very useful for many small things, and very easy, need only a very little 3d experience, if you have played red alert before you might find it much easier:eek:

i use it basically for measurements and to check parts of the file, i can explode but not save with the free viewer.
the functions of this software is very limited but yet its still very nice and handy.

you try it will not take no much time to check, if you like to keep your trial period for later need,
then go for the free viewer. when your ready take the trial.

best wishes

S

Slayfin

Reaction score
your welcome
update if you solve it and let us know how did you do
Goodmorning! (at least here in greece o_O) I checked what you adviced on 3D tools yet both 2 files contain nothing more than them itself...no more parts...if 3D Tools had a model editor (dont know how it goes normally but the one I have so far I could not manage to find something that even crops a part of the model) I could easily cut the preperations as import them as I want and no harm done. Either way I managed to create the framework. The only annoying thing was that upper-lower is one part on exocad so I cannot remove the upper in order to make more easily and comfortable my design...but I will find a way to seperate them. And as soon as I do I will let you know :cool::cool::cool::D

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
Goodmorning! (at least here in greece o_O) I checked what you adviced on 3D tools yet both 2 files contain nothing more than them itself...no more parts...if 3D Tools had a model editor (dont know how it goes normally but the one I have so far I could not manage to find something that even crops a part of the model) I could easily cut the preperations as import them as I want and no harm done. Either way I managed to create the framework. The only annoying thing was that upper-lower is one part on exocad so I cannot remove the upper in order to make more easily and comfortable my design...but I will find a way to seperate them. And as soon as I do I will let you know :cool::cool::cool::D

3d tool is not editing software.
thank you for the update

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Can't you rename them in the folder? Something-antagonist etc.?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
The only annoying thing was that upper-lower is one part on exocad so I cannot remove the upper in order to make more easily and comfortable my design...but I will find a way to seperate them. And as soon as I do I will let you know :cool::cool::cool::D

So it is all saved on one file?

BDDS

BDDS

Reaction score
maybe delete the upper ... save the scene on the lower as an .stl ... then re import, and do the same but this time delete the lower and save the upper. might still be in the same place? when you re import it'll need to be saved as the antagonist.

S

Slayfin

Reaction score
maybe delete the upper ... save the scene on the lower as an .stl ... then re import, and do the same but this time delete the lower and save the upper. might still be in the same place? when you re import it'll need to be saved as the antagonist.
If so I might loose the bite...because these scans are not set neither on rejistered jaw mode nor on bite impression because I think sirona intra oral does not work that way :confused:....isnt there a chance to loose the occlusion the dentist took?

BDDS

BDDS

Reaction score
Hmm, possible. Worth a try though, pretty quick. Do you have dental share? Would you send so I could see it?

S

Slayfin

Reaction score
Hmm, possible. Worth a try though, pretty quick. Do you have dental share? Would you send so I could see it?[/QUOTEY
Yes I do but to be honest I dont know how it works :oops::oops:

S

Slayfin

Reaction score
For all of you that were interested, I looked on the matter and as I promised I now will share with you the soluions I found. Unfortunatelly Renishaw's support said that the only thing we can do with stl files since from what I understood they are not scan data. But what we can do to make our work easier is: When on Engine Build → Right click on the background → Add\Remove Mesh → from that window on the option "Select mesh type" Choose for example Antagonist → then go "Load" and load the stl whitch belongs to your antagonist. That way in your "Show\Hide groups" in "All other parts" you will find the extra added jaw but in antagonist feature (that purple one :p) Same way with everything else. If you need me to upload some photos to make it more clear please tell :D:D

M

Mark Blyumin

Reaction score
Looks like all of you are very knowledgeable people. I need your help.
I am playing with exocad and I am using X5 to scan. I have no problems but one so far.
When I have pre-op scan I do not know how to see and use it in exocad.
I thank you in advance.

S

Slayfin

Reaction score
Looks like all of you are very knowledgeable people. I need your help.
I am playing with exocad and I am using X5 to scan. I have no problems but one so far.
When I have pre-op scan I do not know how to see and use it in exocad.
I thank you in advance.
There are several ways to do that, in fact you dont actually have to set is directly in your DB..you can easily import it while making your job

M

Mark Blyumin

Reaction score
Can you please tell me how to do that, if you have time?

S

Slayfin

Reaction score
Can you please tell me how to do that, if you have time?
Always have time to help a fellow technician :) you can start a new job, and set only a wax up (the model you want as pre-op) scan it, just the wax up and close scan manager. now on your main job if you right click on the background somewhere you shall see "add/remove mesh" form there you can import additional scans like pre op models, extra gingiva etc, the only bad thing about this method is simply that you dont have the 100% right possition. the other one is the ordinary: select the tooth/teeth you wish to restore, on the panel when selecting lets say "reduced crown" you can see materials available and aside its parameters, above the parameters are options availavble such as "gingiva scan" "implant type" (if you have implant module) and "pre op scan"

M

Mark Blyumin

Reaction score
I got it. I needed to close wizard to see that option. This is very new to me. I have been using cerec software for 13 years. Thank you very, very much.

Top Bottom