Help Wanted In house technician for dental office fixed and removable

G

Gumquots

Reaction score
In house technician for fixed and removable for small dental office. Doing ~20 units of fixed and 4-10 units of removable a month. Emphasis is on removable and you must be skilled with bars, overdentures, RPDs, etc. Looking for a self starter that is thirsty to provide a premium product and grow in their career. Office is progressive and will be adding CAD technology very soon. Owner is very laid back and staff is awesome.

Position provides salary, benefits, and CE allowance dependent on portfolio and experience. Owner would allow technician to supplement income by doing cases on the side. Come live in beautiful southwest Colorado! Sportsman, outdoor enthusiast paradise! Email Nathan at [email protected] cell 612.327.9805

G

Gumquots

Reaction score
salary is $40-90K depending on skill level.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
supplement his income?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
And 40 - 90k is quite the spread, no?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
we are so disliked in this profession.

th

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
this poor prostho, we are hammering this thread! hahaha

G

grantoz

Reaction score
i have been offered this kind of offer a few times over the years over the years and they get quite miffed when you say no thanks but thanks.then they ask why and you tell them that it isnt enough money they, give the that much for a tech? with the pulled face. thats when you really know you made the right choice by saying no.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i have been offered this kind of offer a few times over the years over the years and they get quite miffed when you say no thanks but thanks.then they ask why and you tell them that it isnt enough money they, give the that much for a tech? with the pulled face. thats when you really know you made the right choice by saying no.
its shocking to think we should be able to make a reasonable living too. i mean, its not like we are making custom, patient specific, hand made, intraoral appliances. ;)

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
Gumquots- may we see a few pics of the lab showing the available equipment and workspace?

Wade Bognuda

Wade Bognuda

Reaction score
Ok. How many techs out there are competent in fixed AND removable AND implantology??? It's a real short list. A year ago or so I got a call from a GP here locally and he wanted an in-house tech that could do it all with a heavy emphasis on implantology. When I told him techs like that are few and far between and the salary range would be $110K to $160K I thought the call got dropped it was so quiet. He is younger and I got the impression he thought he employ an in house tech for $15.00 an hour!! It's interesting that he has plenty of money for radio ads all day. Rumor has it he is happy with Glidewell!!!

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Ok. How many techs out there are competent in fixed AND removable AND implantology??? It's a real short list. A year ago or so I got a call from a GP here locally and he wanted an in-house tech that could do it all with a heavy emphasis on implantology. When I told him techs like that are few and far between and the salary range would be $110K to $160K I thought the call got dropped it was so quiet. He is younger and I got the impression he thought he employ an in house tech for $15.00 an hour!! It's interesting that he has plenty of money for radio ads all day. Rumor has it he is happy with Glidewell!!!
They always operate on a unicorn fantasy that they can do it cheaper in house.
Never happens.
Hell, half the time they only manage to kludge some ****ty set up together and send it off elsewhere to be cleaned up and processed.
Anyone who was serious about this model would already understand the value of skilled labor.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
You would need to have a crazy high lab bill to afford buying your own tech for $100k+ a year. Or youre just interested in quality and doing it right.. Either way Im pretty sure it wont save you money unless your lab bill is well over $10k/mo ..

I second the thought that you wont find someone well versed in fixed and removables willing to work for less than $90k. If you can even find them.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
You would need to have a crazy high lab bill to afford buying your own tech for $100k+ a year. Or youre just interested in quality and doing it right.. Either way Im pretty sure it wont save you money unless your lab bill is well over $10k/mo ..

I second the thought that you wont find someone well versed in fixed and removables willing to work for less than $90k. If you can even find them.
we are out there! but we do not work for mcdonalds pay. sorry!
(if im not mistaken i read and article recently that fast food management averages $40-60k per year... not just pulling that out of my backside)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score

then there's the question of who is the boss?
1) dentist
2) dentist's wife
3) office manager
4) everyone but you
5) all of the above.