Impression Scanning with Maestro MDS 450

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
I have never been a big fan of impression scanning..a bit counterproductive really and never found a scanner that could do more than a quadrant reliably. i just got the new Maestro MDS450 colour scanner... have a look at these scans... the impression was placed in the scanner an the scan button was pressed... I then cleaned them up with tools in the scan program in about 30 secs...thats it! Enjoy IMPRESSION SCAN 1.JPG IMPRESSION SCAN 3.JPG IMPRESSION SCAN 4.JPG

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Wow terry. Looks great. I did a few with my 3shape D900 and was actually "impressed" with it as well;) would love to see your results after analog model fabrication and seating a crown that you designed virtually off the scan?

If you never make a decision then your possibilities are endless.

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
That will be next... but looks great on the screen! LOL

I will do that next week... should be interesting...

D900 is striped light yes? like D900L?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Yes. D900 is four 5 megapixel camera stripped blue light.

If you never make a decision then your possibilities are endless.

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
This has two 5Mp? cameras... striped light, programable wavelength light ( so any colour) 2 axis programable movement..but it probably does not need the programmable...
Most bases covered already in default programs.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
What's the advantage to programmable wavelength of light? From everthying I've read blus end is the way to go, easier to filter out the 'noise' from the rest of the spectrum.

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
What's the advantage to programmable wavelength of light? From everthying I've read blus end is the way to go, easier to filter out the 'noise' from the rest of the spectrum.
Have no idea...but it shuts everyone up ..LOL Interestingly...blue is the "flavour" at the moment but these guys still think white is right.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I've noticed with our I/O scanner with a blue laser that gold nitrite abutments don't scan as well. They look grey through the camera.
Complimentary color effect I guess.

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
Maybe it would help for different coloured diestones?

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
I've noticed with our I/O scanner with a blue laser that gold nitrite abutments don't scan as well. They look grey through the camera.
Complimentary color effect I guess.
Light reflection? Is that an issue?

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
my scanner went wacky once for a week and projected purple light....it still scanned fine... bad VGA cable

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
What's the price on this scanner ?

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
I have no idea in USA...but very affordable compared to competition i would say..
considering the features...best to check with supplier in your country...you know what its like..prices vary due to lots of reasons...

Top Bottom