Implant to adjacent PFMs Restorations

S

Scooter

Reaction score
Okay Here are the 4 questions that I think will be 50-50 on what’s right.

1. Should I have or have not ridge lapped the custom abutment

2. Should these contacts have been closed further to the gingival even though the natural teeth have less?

3. Should I have changed the anatomy to a more worn occlusion? I did purposely lessen the load of surface area and would have also done this if I would have given it a more mature anatomy.

4. The big question Hygienic or cosmetic or a hybrid of each?

Same questions part 2 with final photos I'll try to get some in mouth.
IMG_0506.JPG IMG_0508.JPG IMG_0513.JPG IMG_0514.JPG IMG_0516.JPG

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
First off I really like your metal support in your copings. Very well done!

You know your clients preferences as it relates to ridge lapping and contacts. If you are asking what is the standard for this I will answer exactly what you did and the complete opposite it all depends on who you ask. Communication is key.

We ridge lap sometimes but rarely in the post. We bring our contacts lower than you for most of my clients but a closed contact on a solid model like that one should be perfect in the mouth. The trouble with point type marginal ridge contact is there is more room for error.

Tell me about the orange stuff.

S

Scooter

Reaction score
I’ve got a great big bottle of it, it’s the old Belle De StClaire and I’m still trying to use it up. It does help with coping thickness with the petri wax. I knew that would get some response I just wasn’t sure what kind. :)

Top Bottom