Implant Library Again?

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Hey guys my rep from Nobel came by today and on a implant bar over denture, he said I need to have position locators for multi unit abutments if I have a severe angle of the implant. Does this make sense? But where would I begin on getting that part for my implant library on my 3Shape?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Ask CAP.

I know how this works for exocad, but that won't help ya.

Last edited:
Y

YMS96

Reaction score
You need scan abutments to do any custom abutment work in 3Shape. Is that what you were wondering? Who's milling your abutments/bars with 3Shape? That's where you will need to get the library but most milling centers lock their libraries in to their manufacturing. Contact TruCrown though, they are doing bars and abutments for cheap and creating the 3Shape open libraries as they go, plus the quality is VERY nice.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Yes I know I need scan abutment to work in 3shape, this is why I am asking! I have the normal scan abutments for parrell implants. What I need is the abutment library to fit on a 25 or 30 degree positon locators for multi unit abutments to correct the angle and make as parrell as possible! I am already using trucrown! Don has helped me out a lot with things!

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
As far as I know they don't make scan abutments for angled abutments...You would angle the abutment in the actual abutment designer in 3Shape. All you need to do is scan the scan bodies in to get the implant locations and then design them in parallel. Maybe I'm confused...

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
Maybe you're asking how you scan in the scan bodies when they are so angled that you can't screw them all down at once??? If that's what you mean, then when you load the scanning software in 3Shape, there's a small checkbox on the bottom corner that says use 1 scan body and you can scan each implant by itself if they don't all screw down together.

Top Bottom