Implant Direct what's up?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Niznick ( the founder of Implant Direct) is a rockstar, this bio outlines a bunch that many of you may not know about the man and his company. Many may see him as the glide well of the implant business (me included) but he has been exceptionally influential in mainstreaming implant dentistry.

There is a reason why Danaher AKA Sybron acquired the ID international in 2010. Many of you know of Danaher's acquisition of Nobel Biocare earlier this year as well. HMMMM :)

The implant market is getting bigger and bigger but the Tier one companies have been flat to marginal growth since 2008. Its the smaller clone companies and imports that have been just blowing up here in the states.

As for ID and how they handle manufacturing? I have never sent them a case, probably never will, so I can't comment.

The way I see it, if any milling center says they CAN"T do a specific interface TODAY its a rarity. It seems most have reverse engineered any and all fixtures out there today.

Have a read its pretty impressive career.

http://www.implantdirect.eu/niznick-bio

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Do I want to know how many hours you spent researching the depth, angles, width of faces, etc., to ensure microrotational screw loosening wouldn't be a problem? I like reaserch projects, but, wow.

So, Oh Pantheon of Trusted Connections, do you use authentic connections on all your implant cases? Well, I do - except for companies like Implant Direct and Southern which are just marginally re-engineered copies of other systems. If you have a problem with that just say so instead of using some idiotic passive aggressive comment...

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Six months ago, I sent a bar to be fabricated nothing short of a hassle, just like everyone else. However I think it goes deeper than than this. As you are aware, ID has absorbed other companies such as Atts. International . For years a solid company. Since the takeover. They seemed to strip down the personnel and back orders became the norm. At one point I waited 6plus months for a driver. Never got what I wanted, and had to substitute for another for one of my Drs. After complaining to customer service, they finally admitted that they were told that orders were taken, then if stock had run out,held until enough orders were placed to do a run. Nice way to keep your overhead/ stock down, but company is no longer my first choice. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
We've been replacing SwissLocs with universal plungers because you can't get the retention springs anymore. Its like the contents of the AI catalogue have left the building, so to speak.

Anyhoo, as I said, Dr used them 'cause he's cheap.
Nobody seems to want to work on their platform except maybe Panthera (they've done it before).
But it costs more (and did I mention we're here because dr is a tightwad?),and has to ship to Canada (although we'd have gotten it quicker).

My previous exposure to them has been nil. Something I should be thankful for, apparently...

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Niznick ( the founder of Implant Direct) is a rockstar, this bio outlines a bunch that many of you may not know about the man and his company. Many may see him as the glide well of the implant business (me included) but he has been exceptionally influential in mainstreaming implant dentistry.

There is a reason why Danaher AKA Sybron acquired the ID international in 2010. Many of you know of Danaher's acquisition of Nobel Biocare earlier this year as well. HMMMM :)

The implant market is getting bigger and bigger but the Tier one companies have been flat to marginal growth since 2008. Its the smaller clone companies and imports that have been just blowing up here in the states.

As for ID and how they handle manufacturing? I have never sent them a case, probably never will, so I can't comment.

The way I see it, if any milling center says they CAN"T do a specific interface TODAY its a rarity. It seems most have reverse engineered any and all fixtures out there today.

Have a read its pretty impressive career.

http://www.implantdirect.eu/niznick-bio
I don't doubt that lower cost alternatives opened up the market to more practices.
I can only relate events as they've transpired in this instance.
I'm less than thrilled.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
We've been replacing SwissLocs with universal plungers because you can't get the retention springs anymore. Its like the contents of the AI catalogue have left the building, so to speak.

Anyhoo, as I said, Dr used them 'cause he's cheap.
Nobody seems to want to work on their platform except maybe Panthera (they've done it before).
But it costs more (and did I mention we're here because dr is a tightwad?),and has to ship to Canada (although we'd have gotten it quicker).

My previous exposure to them has been nil. Something I should be thankful for, apparently...

Do you like the Mk1? Easy to get parts just pricey German stuff.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Do you like the Mk1? Easy to get parts just pricey German stuff.
Sorry, I should be more clear.
I meant the Preat universal plunger.
Never handled an Mk1.

The parts breakdown looks a lot like the SwissLoc "c" clip.
Lot of parts... not so keen on that as years go by...

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
The number of cycles before the clip/attachment has to be replaced is very very high. like 100k or something silly, the fact is they are relatively new to me we did swissloc prior in my career . I have about 10 or so arches done over the last 2 years and not one has had any issues yet. Knock on wood

The cool thing is if you do not want to replace the internal component by tearing it down you can relatively easily just unthread the plunger from the housing and rethread a new one in simple patch of acrylic to lock it in and you done.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
So, Oh Pantheon of Trusted Connections, do you use authentic connections on all your implant cases? Well, I do - except for companies like Implant Direct and Southern which are just marginally re-engineered copies of other systems. If you have a problem with that just say so instead of using some idiotic passive aggressive comment...
I did not mean it the way you read it. I thought you actually DID do that to some extent. I was trying to complement you.
Edit: Oh, to your question, yes. When I was doing them frequently, the docs had us buy from their acct. to skip the difference of price.

Last edited:
G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
Hi John- thanks for heads up on the Mk1. I'll check it out. Haven't been to happy with these plungers lately. I know I've seen info. On the Mk1, but can't recall who markets it? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated . Thx.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Hi John- thanks for heads up on the Mk1. I'll check it out. Haven't been to happy with these plungers lately. I know I've seen info. On the Mk1, but can't recall who markets it? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated . Thx.

I get them from Klaus

More info can be had on the attachment from www.mk1.de

USA
Advanced Implant Restorations, Inc.
Mr. Klaus Lampmann
10500 S.W. 77th Court
Miami - Florida 33156
Telefon: (001) 305 – 6660234
Telefax: (001) 305 - 2840424

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
The number of cycles before the clip/attachment has to be replaced is very very high. like 100k or something silly, the fact is they are relatively new to me we did swissloc prior in my career . I have about 10 or so arches done over the last 2 years and not one has had any issues yet. Knock on wood

The cool thing is if you do not want to replace the internal component by tearing it down you can relatively easily just unthread the plunger from the housing and rethread a new one in simple patch of acrylic to lock it in and you done.
We've got some Prosthodontic accounts that have stuff that's been out quite awhile. Saw two SwissLocs from different docs in less than two weeks.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
I get them from Klaus

More info can be had on the attachment from www.mk1.de

USA
Advanced Implant Restorations, Inc.
Mr. Klaus Lampmann
10500 S.W. 77th Court
Miami - Florida 33156
Telefon: (001) 305 – 6660234
Telefax: (001) 305 - 2840424

John,
Thanks for sharing. Their web-site does not have a English version.
Do you have a PDF on the MK1?
How would this compare with the Bredent one?
http://www.xpdent.com/catalogs/bredent/attachments/locking-pin-attachment.aspx?sm=b_j
LCM