Imes icore 350i milling titanium

A

Alex Sever

Reaction score
Hello. I was told that the 350i can mill titanium bars but because it sometimes uses over 15% of the bur on one milling and the device does not have a laser for measuring the burr size the resulting bar has bad connections. Also I heard that the machine tends to get broken from milling titanium.
Any truth to this statemants?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

AGV

AGV

Reaction score
Cuántas piezas mecanizas con una fresa? Más bien me parece una mala estrategia de fresado. Qué CAM estás usando? Los hay que fresan CoCr, que es más duro que el Ti y están muy satisfechos con los ajustes. Hay muchos factores involucrados en un mal mecanizado, puede que la 350 no sea culpable.

A

Alex Sever

Reaction score
Sorry but I only speak english.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Sorry but I only speak english.

Using translate.google.com with auto detect language ....(btw it's Spanish)

How many pieces do you machine with a cutter? It seems to me rather a bad milling strategy. What CAM are you using? There are coCr milling, which is harder than Ti and are very satisfied with the settings. There are many factors involved in poor machining, the 350 may not be at fault.

Last edited:
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
you can modify in your strategies or templates how much tool engagement you will want. just make sure to duplicate that process for 2nd or 3rd passes (7%, 5% engagement)

not the fault of the machine that you use up cutting tools quickly.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Using translate.google.com with auto detect language ....(btw it's Spanish)

Lmfao. [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

A

Alex Sever

Reaction score
Poate că ar fi trebuit să spun că de fapt înțeleg dar că nu e politicos să răspunzi în altă limbă decât cea în care s-a formulat întrebarea. [emoji16]

F

Fane

Reaction score
be polite, he try to help you. intelegi?

AGV

AGV

Reaction score
Poate că ar fi trebuit să spun că de fapt înțeleg dar că nu e politicos să răspunzi în altă limbă decât cea în care s-a formulat întrebarea. [emoji16]

Sorry, your second name confused me. Just wanted to show you closeness and friendliness Didn't want to spam your discussion. Good luck.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score

Perhaps I should have said that I actually understand that it is not polite to respond in a language other than the one in which the question was asked

WTF! Dude this is a global forum, people of all languages are on here. Want to talk about rude............ Then start your own English only dental forum, I wish you the best of luck!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
its fine i think to communicate in other languages. its not fine to be ride in any of them. just keep in mind its not as easy to find solutions if your problem cannot be understood, irrespective of what lingity you sprickety.

A

Alex Sever

Reaction score
I see that the conversation got out of hand and want to explain myself:
- first I am very thankful that AGV found the time to answer. Many thanks! I wanted an english answer because in my opinion google translate does a poor job in translating
complicated sentences ( this not being the case ) and as one subject develops errors through miscommunication can be assumed. In some fields it doesn't matter in others it could be costly / unhealthy ( peri implantitis ). I now understand that because of my name AGV thought it would be easier for me to talk spanish.
- on the other hand the conversation can get derailed by " laughing my a** off " and " what the f*** " kind of remarks which I do find offensive and this is why I also answered in another tongue. In my opinion on forums like this logical approaches and respect should be key to resolving any issue we have.
I wish you all a nice weekend !

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I see that the conversation got out of hand and want to explain myself:
- first I am very thankful that AGV found the time to answer. Many thanks! I wanted an english answer because in my opinion google translate does a poor job in translating
complicated sentences ( this not being the case ) and as one subject develops errors through miscommunication can be assumed. In some fields it doesn't matter in others it could be costly / unhealthy ( peri implantitis ). I now understand that because of my name AGV thought it would be easier for me to talk spanish.
- on the other hand the conversation can get derailed by " laughing my a** off " and " what the f*** " kind of remarks which I do find offensive and this is why I also answered in another tongue. In my opinion on forums like this logical approaches and respect should be key to resolving any issue we have.
I wish you all a nice weekend !
It is nice of you to apologize, you are new to this forum and if you get offended this easily, you are in for one rough ride. Good luck.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
And to answer your post. I mes 350i can mill bars ,not recommended for it though. To abutment are about the most I would mill on it. But life comes down to the strategy used, and yes the mill breaks down and a pain to fix, hence why they had a strong presence here in the states but are fading out. DAL (dental arts labs) was ior still is a dealer with service options, cap stop cause of the headaches.

If you want to mill ti bars get the axis 5x200 or daytron mills. Built to mill ti and if they go down they are easier to fix then the imes mills.

A

Alex Sever

Reaction score
And to answer your post. I mes 350i can mill bars ,not recommended for it though. To abutment are about the most I would mill on it. But life comes down to the strategy used, and yes the mill breaks down and a pain to fix, hence why they had a strong presence here in the states but are fading out. DAL (dental arts labs) was ior still is a dealer with service options, cap stop cause of the headaches.

If you want to mill ti bars get the axis 5x200 or daytron mills. Built to mill ti and if they go down they are easier to fix then the imes mills.

No I do not want to get offended easily [emoji1] and really am happy that we got that out of the way.
My problem is that back hone ( Romania ) there are not a lot of options to buy. I found sirona, roland, vhf, amann and imes. I do not intend to mill a lot of bars ( 1- 2 a month ) but have been happy to know I could because my other local options are laser print ( some 20 microns precision ) or presint cocr.
So the machines from imes do brake a lot...
If 350i does not give good results on bars I don't know if it would be a good choice..
What would you buy from the list above or how would you manage the necesity for a bar?
I will also look into the recommended names.
Thank you !

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Imes 450i or higher for bars, axis 5x200 is made by doowon in Korea look into those as well. Axis is here in the states. But will mill it but will kill the spindle life. Forget about sirona and Roland they are no where near capable. But if your in Europe ones may have a better footprint on support then here in the states. So maybe imes may be a better choice.

greeny

greeny

Sponsors
Reaction score
Imilling is the most successful imes-icore dealer in the US with regards to their customers milling titanium bars on the 350i. Reach out to [email protected] and [email protected] for more details.

For reference, here are some images from our partner in China - all milled on a 350i using hyperDENT CAM software, of course!

hyperdent ti1.jpg hyperdent ti2.jpg hyperdent ti3.jpg hyperdent ti4.jpg

As mentioned in this thread, there are other alternatives - most of which are also powered by hyperDENT CAM - such as the Axsys Versamills ([email protected]) and Zubler DC-machines ([email protected]).

Top Bottom