Imes - Icore 140i

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Just thought i would share with you some initial testing we are doing on the Imes - Icore 140i. This machine is looking really powerful for small labs getting into in house manufacturing. This took just over 30 minutes but we think we can get it milling faster. I have to say the results speak for themselves, although its a demo file there is no chipping at all.
We will post more as we go.
aimageshack.us_a_img708_7220_img2710n.jpg
aimageshack.us_a_img14_5245_img2717z.jpg
aimageshack.us_a_img15_6154_img2726vf.jpg
aimg14.imageshack.us_img14_8099_img2727r.jpg
aimg842.imageshack.us_img842_202_img2730yu.jpg
aimg14.imageshack.us_img14_1570_img2729wl.jpg
aimageshack.us_a_img708_7220_img2710n.jpg aimageshack.us_a_img14_5245_img2717z.jpg aimageshack.us_a_img15_6154_img2726vf.jpg aimg14.imageshack.us_img14_8099_img2727r.jpg aimg842.imageshack.us_img842_202_img2730yu.jpg aimg14.imageshack.us_img14_1570_img2729wl.jpg

Last edited:
Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Looking good ! How much will the 140 i cost ?

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
Prices are not concrete yet but I can say it will be the most cost effective wet/dry four axis on the market In this class i.e. German/euro build. These follow the same style as the rest of the imes mills. Imes build quality, jäger spindle, tool changer etc.

We are milling a new interest lithium silicate tomorrow so ill update on that too.

Lachlan.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Looking pretty damn good. I'm loving the new imes machines. I can't wait to get our 250i this summer.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Looking pretty damn good. I'm loving the new imes machines. I can't wait to get our 250i this summer.

You're getting one Tyler ? Sweet ! I will add another mill later that year , and 250i is one of the mills I am looking at . The new 5 axis VHF also .

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Ya we were deciding on the 450i or the Roland, but we just don't want to mill an metal right now so that eliminated the 450i and the Roland is great but I think will limit us on any future materials. So with the release of the 250i this year it gives us everything we need. 5 axis dry with wet milling included sounds like a great deal. Plus my opinion is that the 250i will be more precise and better built then the Roland.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Ya we were deciding on the 450i or the Roland, but we just don't want to mill an metal right now so that eliminated the 450i and the Roland is great but I think will limit us on any future materials. So with the release of the 250i this year it gives us everything we need. 5 axis dry with wet milling included sounds like a great deal. Plus my opinion is that the 250i will be more precise and better built then the Roland.

That is what I am thinking exactly . The 250i and the VHF 5-S1 were the most interesting small mills I saw at the IDS . Vhf has also a disc changer , 5-S2 they call it . It is also wet or dry .

Sydceramist

Sydceramist

Reaction score
can you post a marginal fit of the the wet milled emax crown? thanks

Hourglass716

Hourglass716

Reaction score
Yes I agree. The 250i has a 330Watt spindle whereas the VHF 5-S1 has a 600Watt spindle. I think you need at least 1Kwatt spindle to cut metal. In any event, economical 5-axis mills with wet/dry options have finally arrived.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
are you running that mill on a windows tablet??

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
KaVo spindle is pretty weak, and still cuts Ti pretty easily.

Ti is really not that hard to cut. 350watt will work with no problems.

Bad vibrations and harmonics will be the killer for spindle bearings and tool-life. A very strong fixture made of tool-steel and of a decent design would be more important than the spindle IMO. That and the over all frame design I put ahead of anything else.

Regardless of how excellent a mill is, I still think eMax will always be better pressed than milled, and much cheaper as well. So, why even try?

You could mill the pattern with wax in 1/3 the time and press....still would be cheaper.

You do not need 1000watt spindle to cut Ti. I know this for a fact. I cut with 4mm torus (Bull-nose) and spindle load never exceeds 350watt.
This is with a 1900mm/min feed during Roughing on my Haas.

I am buying another Haas this month BTW. We did have issues with harmonics early on, and changing CAM parameters and fixture design recently really helped.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Regardless of how excellent a mill is, I still think eMax will always be better pressed than milled, and much cheaper as well. So, why even try?

You could mill the pattern with wax in 1/3 the time and press....still would be cheaper.

For me, the only advantage of milling e.max is to offer same-day, or next-day crowns like the cerec docs do. Maybe the quality isnt better, but its got to be better than a cerec, and since when do those guys care about quality anyways..

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
When was the last time you pressed e.max Scott? Its time consuming!. I dont think you are accounting for time when you say CAD is more expensive.
As for the VHF mill having a 600w spindle...That is peak power output. it's constant load is rated at 300W. VHF says metal is fine to mill. I wouldn't feel comfortable milling large amounts of metal with that spindle.

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
can you post a marginal fit of the the wet milled emax crown? thanks

We had some at IDS. The machine is still in pre release so no official CAM software has been released to market yet. Watch this space.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
can you handle dist. for this in the states?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
When was the last time you pressed e.max Scott? Its time consuming!. I dont think you are accounting for time when you say CAD is more expensive.
As for the VHF mill having a 600w spindle...That is peak power output. it's constant load is rated at 300W. VHF says metal is fine to mill. I wouldn't feel comfortable milling large amounts of metal with that spindle.

If it is so profitable, then where are all the milling centers offering this service?

I see none! LOL Just Diadem. I go to work to make money.

Can it be done? Yes, of course.

Is it a good product with good value and fast service for both partys involved? Um, no.

Tooling is too expensive, milling time is too long, material cost is not competitive, end result is inferior.

Show me a milling center with fast turn-around and great pricing for milling eMax.

I will be waiting right here.....

Last edited:
REJ

REJ

Reaction score
Jason is correct. DAL DT Technologies will be distributing all machines from imes including the 140i and 250i and we have orders coming in on each. We have a 140i and it is very precise and well built for a small machine. I would guess CAP will sell them all as well. The 140i runs the tablet as a control pc for the remote software.

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
Scott, Im not so sure buying e.max from a milling centre is a greatly profitable scenario for labs but we are talking about in house milling.
instead of paying 80-100 dollars you are paying 25-40 and have a crown in half an hour.
I dont think i will convince you of the pros of milling e.max but there are plenty for the average lab.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Cost of mill hours and wear and tear on spindle and other componants.....cost of expensive diamond tooling....cost of the blank....you are now back up to the $80-$100 zone after all is said and done.

Good luck with all of that!

I will stay as far away from that material as possible. Just no profit in CNC of eMax. No matter what you do, no matter what mill you have.

Do you actually know of someone who has done this for over a year+ and claims it is profitable or a good idea?

I surely don't, and I have talked to almost every milling center in the US. Maybe you guys "down-under" have a secret weapon that I do not know about?