IDENTICA SE AND EXOCAD

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
HI All
A colleague has an Identica SE scanner and exocad. Does anyone have the added script that will allow scanning from exocad Dental DB or do you need exoscan. Im not that familiar with that particular scanner but others work fine with a small script added to the settings in exocad.
Any help apprecated.

Thanks!

slr

slr

Reaction score
You will need the exoscan add-on but it is a free program from exocad.
Whoever your colleague purchased their exocad software and licensing from, the actual re-seller, is who they need to call for the exoscan add-on.
It is merely a file that will activate the exoscan functionality in their exocad platform.
However, the file is license specific, which is why they must contact original re-seller.

Hope this helps! :)

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
Thanks,
I thought it just may be a script addition as per lots of other scanners.

RMNATL

RMNATL

Reaction score
I am an exocad dealer, and I would be more than happy help you with this. Exoscan is a FREE add-on, you should contact your original dealer and have them outfit you with it. If they're uncooperative, please give me a call (800-822-0548, ask for Rob) and I'll help you out. Our lab also uses an Exocad + Identica SE combination, and when the two are performing with exoscan, its as good as magic.

NOTE: Dear moderators, this isn't a sales pitch, nothing is for sale. I just want to help out a fellow exocad user :) Please do not flag my post

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
Thanks all.
I wasn't sure if the SE would integrate with the workflow or with exoscan itself...

Actually it will do both ...

I don't know these scanners very well so now i now...

It was just a aquantance who had exocad and wanted to know how to set it up with his scanner...previously he had done it with just the script changes pointing to the media program.

so again ...thanks

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Reaction score
If you don't want to use exoscan but you want to have the integration betweenexocad and identica se open the file defautsettings-db.xml that you can find inside //exocad/dentaldb/config
Go to the line 141 and change the scanner.exe direction. For the identica SE change it to :

<ExecPath value="C:\Program Files\Medit\IdenticaSE\Bin\Identica.exe">
<Params value="%p /MultiDiePluginDLLName=%mfn"/>
</ExecPath>
</StartButton>

When you will click into the dentaldb to "scan", identica software will be open directly and you will keep the order that you have created inside exocad.

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help..all worked out now.. appreciated.