id marks on denture teeth

C

careywhiteman

Reaction score
Does anyone know who makes the denture teeth with a M or W on the lingual anteriors? Is there a chart somewhere with id marks for the different manufacters? Thanks, Carey

Denturist

Denturist

Reaction score
The M is found on Myerson teeth...... I used them for a while but the posteriors wearability was crap (and that was their composite tooth).... They do have a pretty good line of porcelain teeth though........ for wear resistance I would suggest Heraius Kulzer Mondial line, or the candulor NFC

Last edited:
Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
The Myerson teeth always smelled so good when you grind on them. Very sweet like when you use a saw to cut fresh pine lumber. I liked the look of the anterior teeth.

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
The M is found on Myerson teeth...... I used them for a while but the posteriors wearability was crap (and that was their composite tooth)....

That's how they get you to buy their MO cutters. Now, they will wear a tongue out, if you're not careful.

Denturist

Denturist

Reaction score
I have never used the bladed or cutter posteriors....... never really warmed to the BS.
Problems with mastication have never been an issue for my patients.

Last edited:
CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
Well, they are ugly as hell but they will do a job on cut of beef.

Denturist

Denturist

Reaction score
I have seen them and have a colleague that pushes them for a premium, but like I said I have never had any problems with patients complaining that they couldn't eat or chew food properly with the exception of a couple people saying they had a hard time with lettuce. so I checked and adjusted occlusion a bit and they were fine.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Well, they are ugly as hell but they will do a job on cut of beef.
I've only had one request to use them in recent times....it was for a patient who's last set had them and they lasted forever. Patient LOVED them.
I.too have never had issue with chewing efficiency in my denture set ups, it is worthy of note that folks who've had them want them again.

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
What's the decline in chewing efficiency between dentures and natural teeth? Something like an 80% drop ( I forget). So, even the best set up lacks real chewing efficiency compared to naturals and 80% leaves a lot of room for improvement...which is why I like to promote these 'Beefeaters", as I call them. Though for @ $60 dollars extra they're still a hard sell even when you get past the ugly factor.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Chewing efficiency in dentures is around the 30 percentile range, the loss in bite force is more like 2/3, but that's probably optimistic.