I heart webinars! I think I am going to make one on mathematics.

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
:confused:Just finished a webinar that was 3m sponsored on open scanner integration with chair-side milling, I asked two questions during the webinar that I felt were polite and relevant to the topic. Someone in the audience asked what the cost was per unit, to which the Doc replied $35, I have mentioned before docs seem to 5uck at math. He said works four days a week and does one a day. His chart showed the machine design center and scanner to have roughly a 125000 5yr price tag. 208 crowns if he never takes vacation a year, five years is 1040, last time I checked. That is 120 per unit plus his material and he took 15 mins to design it. So I asked, a question. "how can you say 35 a unit with the the cost of the equipment? The answer I got was:" well I am not paying $2-300 a crown." HMMM Then I asked a tougher question," is the file out put .stl, and is it possible to create a pre-op scan?" No response to that one. I think the next step is to offer math webinars on dental twno so we can help clear up some of these mysteries. Oh I also cant help but wonder what lab this guy uses that charges $2-300 for a lava ultimate, If they sold for that every lab in the world would be in that line! I Just had to share this experience! Good night -Eric-:confused:

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
ignore the oral scanning for now.

Just don't even pay attention to it....yet.

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
ignore the oral scanning for now.

Just don't even pay attention to it....yet.

I am taking the training in march with my first doc that is having a tru-def installed, I dont get a choice, At least she is one of my pickiest docs with an occasional temper issue. I am sure that will help.

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
Do any techs out there have any experience with this system?D4D mill.

Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
I am taking the training in march with my first doc that is having a tru-def installed, I dont get a choice, At least she is one of my pickiest docs with an occasional temper issue. I am sure that will help.

If she has a temper issue, get ready to have lots of fun.

Had doc like this get an ios, when everything we were doing before was totally "perfect". Crowns dropping in with no adjustments for months. All smiles and sunshine.

Then came the iOS....

Don't let the reps pour honey in your guys ears and tell you everything will be "perfect", or as they've always been. There needs to be an understanding that things will not be as such, and there is a learning curve on both ends. That said, once things are dialed in, and you get over the stupidly clunky 3M models, your doc will be impressed with the fits.

If I can advise on one thing. Do not do veneer cases on these models. As if veneers weren't hard enough to handle in normal circumstances, you will hate your life battling these models and trying to handle a veneer wax-up on these models. The biggest problem is the working model dies are NOT stable enough and you will have tons of problems once you get to the solid. If the doc wants the contacts verified on a 3M model, just order the solid, they are very accurate.

You owe me a beer now for saving you a huge headache. :beerglass: Where in Minnesota are you??

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
If she has a temper issue, get ready to have lots of fun.

Had doc like this get an ios, when everything we were doing before was totally "perfect". Crowns dropping in with no adjustments for months. All smiles and sunshine.

Then came the iOS....

Don't let the reps pour honey in your guys ears and tell you everything will be "perfect", or as they've always been. There needs to be an understanding that things will not be as such, and there is a learning curve on both ends. That said, once things are dialed in, and you get over the stupidly clunky 3M models, your doc will be impressed with the fits.

If I can advise on one thing. Do not do veneer cases on these models. As if veneers weren't hard enough to handle in normal circumstances, you will hate your life battling these models and trying to handle a veneer wax-up on these models. The biggest problem is the working model dies are NOT stable enough and you will have tons of problems once you get to the solid. If the doc wants the contacts verified on a 3M model, just order the solid, they are very accurate.

You owe me a beer now for saving you a huge headache. :beerglass: Where in Minnesota are you??
R you attending Chicago or mdla? I will buy you a beer if you are. -Eric- I hope you are a ceramist and dislike the metro!! Way up north.

Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
R you attending Chicago or mdla? I will buy you a beer if you are. -Eric- I hope you are a ceramist and dislike the metro!! Way up north.

I am a ceramist. I am in the south metro, but I would rather be up north! I'll be at both mdla and Chicago. You going to Spectrum Day in Chicago?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom