Hydrocoloid chopping tricks

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Okay, so cutting it up sucks and takes time you can do something else.

I've seen or heard of using
Salad shooters
Food processors
lab knives
Vidaila onion choppers
slap/spring onion knife jar things

But the best I've ever seen was using a cheese grater. Uniform size and fast to do.
cb51b59c-3709-4933-91ab-85bd4c2120cb_1.51cb2bdf5e1b9f25f7fc6e92b6d4964a.jpeg

Any other or better ideas out there?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You can thank the guy with the sex toys.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Pampered Chef chopper, just take the bowl off of it. I like the cheese grater idea though, will have try that. Now lets get this thread BACK on track.

2585-lg.jpg

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Slapchop in a bucket
My 2cents

D

David Laville

Reaction score
Pampered Chef chopper, just take the bowl off of it. I like the cheese grater idea though, will have try that. Now lets get this thread BACK on track.

2585-lg.jpg
My brother gave me one like this and said "I bought this and it didn't work like I thought so I thought you might be able to use it in your lab for something". I used it several times but I saw no difference in using it or slicing up hydrocolloid with a knife.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I never found those to get anywhere closer to speed or efficiency above a lab knife either. Different things work better for different minds and methods I guess.
My brother gave me one like this and said "I bought this and it didn't work like I thought so I thought you might be able to use it in your lab for something". I used it several times but I saw no difference in using it or slicing up hydrocolloid with a knife.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I never found those to get anywhere closer to speed or efficiency above a lab knife either. Different things work better for different minds and methods I guess.

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
We use a metal scrapper and chop it right in the bucket it came in. I usually do this immediately after making my morning phone calls, great stress reliever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O

Old School Dentures

Reaction score
We use a metal scrapper and chop it right in the bucket it came in. I usually do this immediately after making my morning phone calls, great stress reliever.

I do the same thing, metal scraper in original 5lb bucket material came in

Top Bottom