ht emax

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I suspect that Ivoclar is going to be predjudce to labs not using their furnaces and wont be as helpful.

I have a ney pressing furnace I use for only for firing, I wouldnt even know where to begin if I my pressing furnace broke down.

I need to buy another furnace and use my EP 600 as a back up.
Im probably going to bite the bullet and order the EP 3000.
Its between $7,100 and 8,300 depending on weather I pay cash or finance.

But I need immediate and trouble free production, point and shoot style.
I think, for me it is worth the extra 3 to 4 grand to have peice of mind with out headaches.

What is scary is having only 1 pressing furnace.

N

normanmilquetoast

Reaction score
Normanmilquetoast

You're probably right Al. Being able to throw-n-go with presses is worth a lot.

BTW, your work is beautiful. I'd love to spend a day looking over your shoulder!

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
Al, with as many e.max restorations your pressing through your laboratory everyday, every month.....that new EP3000 will pay for itself in less than a year I would imagine. Plus with running 2 presses you will probably save yourself some time each day and have the piece of mind with having a "back-up" as well.

N

normanmilquetoast

Reaction score
Normanmilquetoast

Ivoclar had an ad on the inside cover of DLP's year end issue, saying they're offering free financing.

D

dbinder4u

Reaction score
I had the same trouble...

I just started doing emax and am having some problems. I just pressed two full contour b1's with the ht ingot. The reaction layer was very heavy, they had a lot of small nodules and they are opaque with the shade of about 010! Any suggestions?

Thanks.

P.S. I'm using a Ney Cermpress QEX, pressing at 970 (they run a little cool).
The problem with a heavy reaction layer has everything thing to do with super heating the material which will cause nodules and a bleach out crown. You should not be hotter that 915C on a 100gr. ring with a 15 min. hold time. You should calibrate your furnace or do yourself a favor and get a EP3000 or the EP5000 from Ivoclar and your troubles will end. Happy Pressing!

user name

user name

Reaction score
FYI...I spoke to my Ivoclar rep this week. She said theyre aware of all the complaints and short falls of the HT, and the MT ingots will be available soon. For those interested in or concerned about pushing the limits of using e.max beyond the factory guidelines...its all about the connector size. E.max increases in strength proportional to the square of the diameter. That means double size= more than double strength. When youre ready to do a press, add in a couple different sizes of sprue rods and maybe some large veneer size pieces of different gauge casting wax sheets, or veneer shells. The extra pieces are handy to test..fire on, break etc.

A

AL1

Reaction score
Lately, I have been pressing in a light shade to get occlusals light enough and keep the occlusion in emax, then I cut back the gingival portion and bake the shade, for example, if I have an A3, I will press out of A1 and cut back the gingival portion and bake it in an A3 powder. You can leave the proximal contacts in the pressed shade.
The shades seem to come out very nice, then if you need to you can touch up very easy with shade paste.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Dont think for a second that Ivoclar would give second class service to an account not using their furnaces. We arent the consumers of their products...we're their sales force.

Top Bottom