How is this legal?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Maybe give them a call? I thought about it, especially if they're working across state lines, but my lack of removable knowledge might jinx the call, in my not understanding or asking the right questions.

evanosu

evanosu

Reaction score
I believe it depends on the state of where they are located. But it is entirely possible that it is NOT technically legal either but good luck getting anyone to care or enforce it. Maybe if you contacted the Secretary of State or that state's dental board. There is some teledentistry happening in our state that is ok with a dentist working at that company but no idea on this company..

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I didn't look into this specific company, but when I was researching states and what labs could legally do...California was the wild West for sure. This was awhile ago and maybe it's changed but there was a lot of labs advertising to the public for all kinds of removable stuff, not just repairs. Every state is different, I know in Michigan, it's a high class felony to advertise, or do anything without a Rx....very strict on this and they do enforce. State board here have police powers, they show up with badge and gun strapped to their side and the proverbial grumpy cop attitude ;)

Last edited:
Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
We can't do it in Virginia either!

Rtyrelw

Rtyrelw

Reaction score
i believe RI denturist is ok but i to am not sure. it would also depend on who is doing the repair

Rtyrelw

Rtyrelw

Reaction score
i lied its not, i dont know about there laws, tho, in AZ i defiantly cant do that though

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
IMHO laws and regulations are followed by law abiding people. They've yet to prevent those who will do whatever they wish from doing whatever they wish. Occasionally laws and regulations make a few nefarious individuals pause, but without strong enforcement and over the top penalties, those ner-do-well individuals will do as they please.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
judas priest GIF

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Well dentists shrug the rules and regulations.....why should labs be any different.