How do I separate a crown from implant?

A

adl

Reaction score
It’s a #9. A little confused as to how a screw could back out that far. Doctor filled the screw channel with some sort of puddy before cementing the crown. The implant was in the mouth for two years and patient walked into
It’s a #9. A little confused as to how a screw could back out that far. Doctor filled the screw channel with some sort of puddy before cementing the crown. The implant was in the mouth for two years and patient walked into the office with the complete assembly in her hand. The screw looked fine, no stripped threads. It was difficult to rotate the screw by hand as it was so I don’t really know how it was able to back out with no rotation of the abutment possible. It’s a nobel replace 4.3mm I checked the ti-base fit in an implant replica to see if it would wiggle but the fit was good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro[/QUOTE
the office with the complete assembly in her hand. The screw looked fine, no stripped threads. It was difficult to rotate the screw by hand as it was so I don’t really know how it was able to back out with no rotation of the abutment possible. It’s a nobel replace 4.3mm I checked the ti-base fit in an implant replica to see if it would wiggle but the fit was good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Is the patient in CCP?

T

the_prez3

Reaction score

I’m not sure. We don’t have any model work at this point. We separated the assembly and everything is cleaned up and ready to be reassembled. We have to see how doc wants to proceed.

J

J Pierce

Reaction score
Agree, if you still have both casts, confirm any interference's and clear them before sending it back.

Also, even though we're using titanium screws, some Drs like to torque it to the recommenced setting,
wait 5 minutes and re-torque it, in case there was any slight screw "rebound".
Well said!
ps. off subject Car 54, love your avatar, Hillsong Is awesome:)

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure. We don’t have any model work at this point. We separated the assembly and everything is cleaned up and ready to be reassembled. We have to see how doc wants to proceed.

Make certain the doc uses a new screw when reseating it. Those things are only supposed to be used once.

T

the_prez3

Reaction score
Make certain the doc uses a new screw when reseating it. Those things are only supposed to be used once.

Absolutely. We’re not going to send the screw back. Not only has it been torqued, it’s had the implant flopping around in the mouth and it’s been fired in the furnace. That would be a bad idea.

Top Bottom