How can I mill interfaces?

• Thread starter Marcusthegladiator CDT
  • Start date
Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I remember a few years ago I was milling complete abutments.
Now years later we have acquired 3shape and a DWX50.
But I may only export hybrid abutment .STL. Evrything else is missing the DMEs cause I assume FDA restrictions..
What do I have to do to be able to mill complete abutments.
I would like to be able to mill in pekkton for custom temp abutments and xraypmma verification jigs...

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
But I may only export hybrid abutment .STL. Evrything else is missing the DMEs cause I assume FDA restrictions..
I would like to be able to mill in pekkton for custom temp abutments and xraypmma verification jigs...

A much better mill than what your dentist has purchased and a library that has the interface information.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
While I can mill the verification jigs we have found them to not be reliable as the screw seats in radioopaque PMMA is so small and fragile on MANY interfaces that it becomes problematic and the screw head will go past the seats if over tightened.

As for Peek yes it will be a great way to make inexpensive parts but you run into another entire regulatory world if you try. Also who is selling it in the states and saying it is approved for use?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
the interfaces can be found in the appropriate subfolders its designing them together as one piece that may be an issue.

the way NT trading and Delcam is set up to do titanium implants is one example of kind of "stitching" a solution together. in titanium, knowing the 3shape slices off the base, delcam loads the stl within a cylindrical shape that already has the base. this is held with an implant analog, held by a special holder in a subframe of the block clamp.

the point is, NT based titanium implants are the kind of solution you are looking for except i dont know if anyone has peek blocks that would be workable.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score

Pekkton can't be torqued , not an indication . As John said , you need a library that contains the files , and also special strategy with flat tools .

Top Bottom