gingiva porcelain?

T

twinrivers14

Reaction score
Hi guys this is my first post love the forum and have got a lot of valuable info. My question is about a case we have coming up on a bridge 6-13. The patient had an exsisting pfm bridge that the tissue walked away from. The dr. preped the teeth to the gingiva. We want to do something to mimic the lost tissue. We sent the models out today to have a zirconia frame made. What would be the best gingiva porcelain to use on zirconia? and whats the best method to do this? We have used gingiva porcelain on some PFM cases and it never turns out like the shade tab. any suggestion would be lovely.

thanks

P

paulg100

Reaction score
take a look at some of Al's case presentations, everything you need is there.

T

twinrivers14

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Yeah i have looked at Al's stuff he does a good job dont get me wrong but the cases i have seen of his had the room to give some depth to the tissue. And we have used gc porcelain before it is not my favorite. We use all ivoclar porcelain emax for all ceramics and dsign for PFMs and love the stuff. The dsign has a little learning curve but looks as good as anything else on the market. Didnt no if there were any tricks to make that tissue look like its supposed to with the minimal space that we usually have.

M

mahill79

Reaction score
Use Emax Ceram Gingival kit. Fire Zirliner and then go to town. Or you can press zirpress gingival and use Ceram to modify. If you want depth then you can mix translucent and gingival together as a top layer after doing some internal staining. How much time are you wanting to spend on the case. I assume it is not FCZ bridge, what porcelain are you layering with. Nice thing about Ceram is the low temp fusing.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I might be inclined to use some composite (GC Gum Gradia) after the porcelain was done on your case if you're really worried about it matching, if you haven't had a chance to play with pink porcelain much.

Toto

Toto

Reaction score
I think TheLabGuy -Robs suggestion -composite (GC Gum Gradia) is the best - if you have that kit.
I use Emax on zirconia and use the IG2 in those places where I can only get a mm or so of pink on - a G3 would show up almost white in such a thin layer
Interproximals IG2 and the rest G3 or whatever shade has been chosen.

Top Bottom