GC Lustre Paste NF ???

E

emax sung

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Is that worth to replace stain kit to "GC Lustre Paste NF"
instead of using "Inline stain for Inline" "Emax stain for Emax"?
I think GC can be used for both works.
saving some money for buying separate stains I guess...
what you guys think????

Anyone using "GC Lustre Paste NF" on Inline and Emax?
Thanks....;)

P

paulg100

Reaction score
you can use the emax ceram stains for both as well like i do... works fine. use for empress also.

then you dont have to buy any new kits ;)

E

emax sung

Reaction score
you can use the emax ceram stains for both as well like i do... works fine. use for empress also.

then you dont have to buy any new kits ;)

Thanks...
That's good to know....;)

C

charles007

Reaction score
Lustre works great with emax monolithic (only) BUT you are limited with the few colors that the kit offers. GC needs to expand the range of colors.....

D

DeVreugd

Reaction score
Lustre works great with emax monolithic (only) BUT you are limited with the few colors that the kit offers. GC needs to expand the range of colors.....

Hi Charles,

Greg & Mr. Hoshi came to the lab yesterday and demonstrated LP on my emax Ceram crown. Works great!

Russ
IMG_5745.jpg IMG_5743.jpg IMG_5744.jpg

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Hi Charles,

Greg & Mr. Hoshi came to the lab yesterday and demonstrated LP on my emax Ceram crown. Works great!

Russ

I think it's Yoshi, but regardless, how many firings is that Russ?

C

charles007

Reaction score
Hi Charles,

Russ

Thanks Russ, I learned the same from Bob Posey at one of GC's lectures at LMT........ really like the results I saw with cases I did Monday.
Glazed at 725 C in my EP 5000, NO VAV with great results. Actually like the finish better.

A

AL1

Reaction score
Any tips you can give us on how he used the material, thick or thin, was neutral paste mixed with shade for self glazing or did you have to glaze after you fiinised shading?
They really look nice.

D

DeVreugd

Reaction score
I think it's Yoshi, but regardless, how many firings is that Russ?
Rob,
His name is Masayuki Hoshi, RDT. Anyway, that's what it says on his business card......

That was his one & only firing.
IMG_5744.jpg

D

DeVreugd

Reaction score
Any tips you can give us on how he used the material, thick or thin, was neutral paste mixed with shade for self glazing or did you have to glaze after you fiinised shading?
They really look nice.

He first applied a thin mix of L-N, vibrated, and used a dry brush to wipe off. Next he mixed a stain with L-N (Thicker mix) and applied where needed. He vibrated the crown each time he added any material. This was only one bake.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Tips I learned from GC at LMT, lay out 4 mixes of stain in each shade group.
One mix with L-A Lustre, then 1 to one with L-N, 2 to 1, 3 to 1. This gives you different levels of chroma by mixing with L-N......and lightly vibrate.
You can also slightly dry the stain, not to much ! brush on another layer as Russ was saying, then fire in one firing.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Russ I know you saw Hoshi cause he came to your lab and demo'd, but were you able to hear him,,,:D

Naw, Hoshi is a great guy, soft spoken and well versed.

As an aside, and not trying to open up a can of worms; Whats their position in regards to LP on emax?

doug

doug

Reaction score
He was in our place a couple of months ago to demo the PTM system that GC has. Nice guy, knowledgeable, very quiet.