Fricke Acrylic? Purosity?

D

Davesgone

Reaction score
anyone use Fricke acrylic? I'm having trouble with purosity even when I trial pack 4-5 times. Occurring mostly in palate of max dentures where there is thickness.

Wade Bognuda

Wade Bognuda

Reaction score
I have only tried Fricke a couple of times over twenty years apart and have had problems. To add insult to injury the tech rep there (can't remember who) was just down right rude about it. I followed their directions TO THE LETTER. Also, no one else was having any problems, according to the tech rep. Never again. I was told that I was doing something wrong and wasn't being honest about it. I think it was a problem with the monomer.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Switch acrylics. Haven't heard much good about Fricke, but cost.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
anyone use Fricke acrylic? I'm having trouble with purosity even when I trial pack 4-5 times. Occurring mostly in palate of max dentures where there is thickness.
Porosity along tissue side of thick palate on most PMMA amine activated usually contamination in model. Diamond D, Candulor,mDenPlus, Icocap, GC are peroxide activated more stable slightly more expensive PMMA with less problems.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Porosity along tissue side of thick palate on most PMMA amine activated usually contamination in model. Diamond D, Candulor,mDenPlus, Icocap, GC are peroxide activated more stable slightly more expensive PMMA with less problems.
I really need to come over there, scan your bookshelves, and put your head in a copier.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
image.jpeg
I really need to come over there, scan your bookshelves, and put your head in a copier.
Just got new book Mandibular SuctionEffective Denture. by Bu Jiro Abe DDS and have been messing ing with him my questions. Great guy fine English. I like his articles on line as well.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Fricki hi-I if you follow measurements and don't eyeball or try packing a hot model is a good economy PMMA, just watch your storage, cool, not on shelf above boil out, and keep caps on tightly. It is more color stable than L99, Sledgehammer, StGeorge, General Dental, or other economy PMMA in USA.

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
I agree with AJEL, been using Fricke hi-I number 200 lt, for at least twenty years and haven't had a single problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eddydy

eddydy

Reaction score
Freaking Fricke Acrylic is a fricking nightmare.
Switched few years ago to Lucitone 199 and Diamond D and will never look back.

M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
What is your curing times and temps ? Alot of porosity is caused by going to hot too fast.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
A lab I used to work for used Fricke hi-I, the only time I saw porosity was if it was under packed or the temp was taken up too quickly. My main complaint with it was that it turns orange. I made a keychain out of it and within 2 years my pink acrylic was orange.

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
I would wager that under packing is your issue. Also make sure your not trial packing before the acrylic is ready. If you start packing to soon it's easy to end up under packed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

budgenator

budgenator

Reaction score
Fricke Hi-I was a little less forgiving than Diamond-D, it likes to be packed at the beginning of the snap stage, where Diamond-D likes to be packed before that; it never hurts to bench set the flasks in the compress for a 10-15 minutes before processing.
Here's a question, considering the cost of a denture is mainly labor and the difference between the cheapest and the most expensive acrylic is maybe a dollar per denture, wouldn't one remake wipe out the cost savings on 25-50 cheap acrylic dentures?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
View attachment 25403
Just got new book Mandibular SuctionEffective Denture. by Bu Jiro Abe DDS and have been messing ing with him my questions. Great guy fine English. I like his articles on line as well.
I have read Abe's monograph on that subject. Can't remember where I downloaded it from. Have you tried to fabricate trays for use in his fashion, or have youmfound a US source for them?

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
I have read Abe's monograph on that subject. Can't remember where I downloaded it from. Have you tried to fabricate trays for use in his fashion, or have youmfound a US source for them?
I can't get bps here have been using his earlier papers to make trays. I actually use fricke custom tray
Here is pdf Jiro Abe paper. http://www.jpda.dental/pdf/FCBT.pdf