Flowstone or equivalant

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Is there a type 3/4 non resin stone that has excellent flow like flowstone but is less expensive? I want to try to use it as my top cap on the ivobase. The stuff I use is too thixotropic and I end up diluting it and losing density.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Problem I have with flowstone is that it is too thin when mixed properly (for IvoBase) as the flasks are not truly metal to metal, and it flows from the gap. Even when I used it with brass flasks, that are machined to fit precisely, the flowstone would leak if not using the large rubber band gasket they supply.

A good type 3/4 stone, vacuum mixed to the proper ratios, should flow well when used on a vibrator.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

R

Ryan

Reaction score
Zubler USA sells a type 3 in blue or white. The guy who handles this stuff is Maurice- Give him a call @ 770-921-2131. He will probably send you a sample if you are interested.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Modern Materials Buffstone, use it both top and bottom.

O

Old School Dentures

Reaction score
Is there a type 3/4 non resin stone that has excellent flow like flowstone but is less expensive? I want to try to use it as my top cap on the ivobase. The stuff I use is too thixotropic and I end up diluting it and losing density.

Myerson makes a stone called investing stone for their Duraflex partial . I was thinking of trying it for my Ivobase top cap but it is very thin and am worried it will flow through the ivobase flask. When using it for duraflex investing you don’t need to vibrate or bang flask just pour... works really nice, not sure what the price point is compared to flowstone though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I think Garreco made one called flaskit. I don't know if it's cheaper

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
I have used rapidflask for a long time....very quick and have good results with both econo and high end dentures...Except for high end ones I will use a silicon barrier.I do use it for ivobase.

Top Bottom