A

Allan

Reaction score
Any here know? What is better?

Its flexite is good?

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
I cant say which is better because I haven't used any acetal besides DurAcetal but we've done many samples and about 5 real cases with it and have been really pleased. Thats not much experience but so far all is good.

I can say I've tried many, many brands of thermoplastics and I like Myerson's DuraFlex the best aswell.

Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
Fuggettaboutit! Try to use vertex thermosens! Much better than any acetal and many advantages!

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Vazone
Fuggettaboutit! Try to use vertex thermosens! Much better than any acetal and many advantages!
product thermosens not available in USA (maybe you could send me sample to see what it is about?) , if you have good cosmetic orthotic, Contact Lady DDS at Cosmetic Smile she is not in USA and desires a lab for this product.

Last edited:
C

cosmetic smile

Reaction score
I googled this product and as it is rigid, it won't be able to "snap" over unprep'd teeth as a cosmetic orthotic. So, I'm still looking for any tips from you guys.

Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
its semi-rigid! and it good for "snap-on..." belive me its much better than acetal

C

cosmetic smile

Reaction score
AJEL, what do you think? And if Kris is reading this, I'd appreciate your input. I'm still thinking the original, polishable and day-by- day usuable material is best. i used to do them that way and patients were able to use them for about 3 years eating etc. thx

C

cosmetic smile

Reaction score
Also, which DL is still doing this, or something like this. Yes! I'm a dentist.

K

Kris S.

Reaction score
Duracetal is 99.9% surgical grade acetal. It also formulated to be more fluid when melted which means you can process the material at the lower end of its melting temp. Both of these things alowe for a less broken down material after it is injected. It is semi ridged but still has nice flex when thin. It comes in all the vita shades as well as 3 bleaching and 2 tissue colors. It is still just a plastic so cosmetics are limited.

drm313mac

drm313mac

Reaction score

Is not this a polyamide, meaning a nylon, and thus VERY hydrophilic? HOW can this be better? Let it dry and you have to toss it?

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
is there anything like duracetal that has all the tooth colored, but is more translucent?

evanosu

evanosu

Reaction score
We use Dentsply Lucitone FRS, stronger than Valplast, doctors love them, techs hate them lol. It's an investment because you should use Dentsply Injection System but we got a good deal on a used one, been doing it for 4 years, hardly any issues.You can use other resins with the Success system as well, many sell adapters.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
hmm...thanks! will look into it.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
As this is an international forum the TSM is interesting, I look forward to it becoming available in the USA but if in 20 years they have not been approved I would suspect they have adequate demand eleswhere. As for FRS I'm happy to hear someone has had good luck with it. I'll still stay with Myerson acedal, or flexite acetal for acetal products in the USA. This forum was about acetal of which the Sucess system does not handel well.

JeffreyDugré

JeffreyDugré

Reaction score
  • Myerson duraflex i love it great product
  • 3 years and im still working with myerson
  • Not expensive
  • Only hate the polishing but i hate it for any kind of dentures

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Jeff, for many nylons you might look into the
KADA 858D Hot Air Rework Station
google to find one, the hot air gun set to 270*c
after getting your case just right, run over it with the hot air, don't over heat but just surface melt, you will be pleased.
if when you inject you put some 12g sprue wax as vents you can use the vents as filler if you have a hole or pocket on the various nylons.

JeffreyDugré

JeffreyDugré

Reaction score
Thx AJEL for the tips it works thx alot bro now im getting high quality shining surfaces :) !!
Jeff, for many nylons you might look into the
KADA 858D Hot Air Rework Station
google to find one, the hot air gun set to 270*c
after getting your case just right, run over it with the hot air, don't over heat but just surface melt, you will be pleased.
if when you inject you put some 12g sprue wax as vents you can use the vents as filler if you have a hole or pocket on the various nylons.
for the tips bro