Exocad tissue design

M

macminn

Reaction score
I am doing a 5 unit bridge, implant supported, full zirconia, that I need to design the zirconia longer than the teeth, and extend to and over the tissue.
How do I do this with Exocad?

M

macminn

Reaction score
I definitely don't want to wax it up. I know 3shape has a feature that you can outline the tissue. Wondering if Exocad has something similar.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Not yet from what I know . Dental wings has also , it works decent . I have done a few cases like that with DW . I guess you will have to play with the free forming tools

T

thondaki

Reaction score
You should be able to adapt to gingiva in the pontic.

I hope it helps
I am doing a 5 unit bridge, implant supported, full zirconia, that I need to design the zirconia longer than the teeth, and extend to and over the tissue.

JandBDentalStudio

JandBDentalStudio

Reaction score
Just extend the tooth down into the tissue and then like thondaki said adapt to gingiva. Then if need be you can use the freeform wizard to add to the length of the pontic.

nik1618kin

nik1618kin

Reaction score
Unfortunately, exocad seems to have a slow response to the market's needs. Applications like gingiva handling should be already available, but they're not.
In 3shape, you definitely have this ability but it is not so satisfying, to my opinion.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
In the Pontic area of the wizard, just select the distance to the tissue and it does it for you. You can set it to cut at the tissue, above the tissue or through. Just type in the value;) Grab and pull you Pontic bases through the tissue and then select your distance. Will give you a more full gingival contact area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score

After you are placing the tooth in the correct position and you hit the next button. The tooth will stay in that position and give you the overlap you are looking for. After that click on the pontic tab and adapt to gingiva. Should be good to go

Ahmad Al B

Ahmad Al B

Reaction score
theres a way in the Exocad if you still need it give me till tomorrow and ill let you know the exact steps, ive done it before in the zirkonzahn version of exocad. it should be the same for you .

M

macminn

Reaction score
Ahmad, would love a step by step on how you did it

Ahmad Al B

Ahmad Al B

Reaction score
Ahmad, would love a step by step on how you did it
I Checked and i was wrong cuz its a module made by zirkonzahn for their exocad version and i couldnt find it in the regular exocad .. idk if you can buy that module from exocad but from what i found it was made by zirkonzahn to fit their own .. sorry for the false info i thought they matched but they didnt .

Bentchase

Bentchase

Reaction score
I've got same issue on a 4 unit anterior bridge. Abutments on 6 and 9. I'll get to play around with it and pay screen shot of what I come up with. Never done anything with gingiva porcelain before.... Pretty excited.
Pointers?
I'll be layering zirconia bridge with emax ceram.