emax veneers ingot selection.

A

AL1

Reaction score
I am doing a 4 unit upper anterior veneer case. I was thinking of pressing to full contour and shading. The shade is A1.
I have an opportunity to purchase the new GC shade paste kit for around $100 by trading in my old Zirconia shade past kit and getting full credit for it.
If I use the new shade past kit and press to full contour, what shade ingot should I use. I have B1 ingots and A1 ingots.
Also I use a p500 ivoclar furnace, should I use the firing temps suggested by GC for the shade paste.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Howdy.Please write again and tell how you used/liked the GC.I got the new kit, played with it just alittle, and Im wishing I had my money back. Im sure its just lack of experience with it..But I think I like the e.max pastes better. Im not thrilled with the e.max paste, just more used to it. Please let us know what you think.

A

AL1

Reaction score
I have never actually used the GC shade paste on full contour. I have always layered but sometimes you cant layer. The rep told me you can put on the neutral shade paste then put you colors into that or premix you colors with the neutral and use them pre mixed. You cant use it on emaxes that have been layered.

A

AL1

Reaction score
I have actually used the old empress 2eris shade pastes on emax with no problem.

user name

user name

Reaction score
What is is about the e.max pastes you dont like? I like the quality and finish, Im just not super thrilled about the colors 'as is'. I realize we can mix 'em up, I just got spoiled using Jensens fluor. pastes from the authentic line to tweek the colors on my pfms. They just seem to hit the essential base colors of the vita guide. To be real...Im a little scared/insecure that as Im ageing I might be losing some color perception, and even though it looks good to me it might be off. Have you given special attention to your lighting in your porc. room?

A

AL1

Reaction score
The colors dont seem to be accurate.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
ok if ur using the emax pastes as i am, heres one tip i got of the emax course from ivoclar,

Mix olive essence with the A shade paste (shade 1?). This gives a much better A shade than the past alone.

As for the other shades i dont tend to have any problems.

Im also looking to try the GC luster paste as im playing around with FC crystal zirconia crowns at the minute. I hope to borrow a trial kit rather than buy first.