Emax Press (not zirpress) over zirconia

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
looking for info, i've searched this forum as far back as page 15, no threads that can advise.

people everywhere use zirpress over zirconia, however "we" want to use emax press over zirconia (for the reasons that "we do not like zirpress")

so riddle me this, do we use a liner (zirliner i am assuming) ? any tips to get it right? anyone tried this and got "better" results than zirpress ?

P

paulg100

Reaction score
you cant press onto zr with LS2. the only way to do what your asking is to do a similar thing to the cad-on technique.

Ie. make your frame, wax an Emax top then press the top and cement it to the frame.

if you want more details on the technique check Matt Roberts site

Welcome to Team Aesthetics

or you can probably get a good idea from the cad on manual.

Last edited:
EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
For the record. I tried it once just to see. The LD cracked all over and even cracked the zirconia. Just an experiment. Seems if they could tweak the CTEs a bit and make them compatible WOW the ultimate crown.

K

killgja

Reaction score
Don't waste time trying this. Won't work the expansion of the two materials at temperature are very different so the emax will crack. Zirpress is your only option or noritake's czr press. Keep in mind that zirpress is not nearly as strong as normal emax although stronger than stacked porcelain. Stacking it is just normally a lot easier/cheaper than pressing zirpress.

Top Bottom