Efficient separation of 3D Molds insulating agents

L

LUIS PAULO

Reaction score
Hello fellow dental technicians,I´m searching for an effective separation of plastic against plastic to start doing in my lab removable with 3d printed models.
I have some doctors with scanners, and i know that they will push forward the use of 3D printing in Removable area, instaed of the alginate technic that they poorly done.
Does anyone start using insulating agents like SHERAiso-3d ( https://shera.de/en/sheraiso-3d-isoliermittel-kunststoff-gegen-kunststoff/ ) or Bredent Print-Sep ?

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Hello fellow dental technicians,I´m searching for an effective separation of plastic against plastic to start doing in my lab removable with 3d printed models.
I have some doctors with scanners, and i know that they will push forward the use of 3D printing in Removable area, instaed of the alginate technic that they poorly done.
Does anyone start using insulating agents like SHERAiso-3d ( https://shera.de/en/sheraiso-3d-isoliermittel-kunststoff-gegen-kunststoff/ ) or Bredent Print-Sep ?
Well this topic has been covered in other threads, but long story short, most duplicate 3d printed model in stone.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
See if anything in this thread helps.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
So they are going from poorly to poorlyer

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
3d printed dentures are the future of dentures. Like it or not.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Oh I'm sure it's the future. But if you can't take good alginate impressions, and IO scanner isn't magically going to solve anything.

But yeah you can make bad dentures with a 3D printer just like you can make bad ones with acrylic.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Oh I'm sure it's the future. But if you can't take good alginate impressions, and IO scanner isn't magically going to solve anything.

But yeah you can make bad dentures with a 3D printer just like you can make bad ones with acrylic.
You're absolutely right. We got a printed model in a couple of weeks ago for a F/ extracting all of the max teeth. The scan captured all of the teeth and the palate. NO vestibules! Called and asked for a new model, got the standard "do the best you can" You can't get chicken salad out of chicken $hit!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
You're absolutely right. We got a printed model in a couple of weeks ago for a F/ extracting all of the max teeth. The scan captured all of the teeth and the palate. NO vestibules! Called and asked for a new model, got the standard "do the best you can" You can't get chicken salad out of chicken $hit!
Ah, come on Doris, if I can do 70 pfm's in 3 days, you can make a little chicken salad out of... :) :)

Last edited:
Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
See if anything in this thread helps.

Try Taub liquid latex, amazing separator for just about anything we deal with. Very thin but completely blocks adherence of many materials we work with to one another. Been a life saver in the "War chest" for decades.

Top Bottom