ebay purchasing

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
SO I'm buying a lot of stuff, right, and all things dental have a much higher price tag. so ebay sales similar things but different occupation. This is what I'm looking at:
ultra sonic
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-PRO-LAR...818?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588196a60a
digital scale
http://www.ebay.com/itm/0-01g-x-200...467?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35cff3ab2b

And other stuff.
Also wondering what you are using for lab putty? I grew up on siltec and am comfortable with it. Anyone using the cheaper stuff and still fill like you're getting accurate results?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Yeah, everything labelled "dental" will come with a higher price tag for sure...:rolleyes:

My scale and ultrasonic cleaner among other sundry items are from a jewelry supply store...they do the job just right...

Siltech, Zermack and some other brands are made at the same factory as far as I know...so I suspect they all have similar properties...

Last edited:
Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
The scale is a great price and it measures to the hundredth gram so its 100 times more useful than the 3 expensive scales I have that only measure to the tenth, leaving it useless in some cases...

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Ebay is awesome, used to be even more awesome back in the day.

Today I buy a lot of stuff on there we use in the lab on a monthly basis and its a great way to save some coin.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Radical
Thanks
should I stick with ivoclars siltec or go cheaper?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Radical
Thanks

I use GC lab putty. mix it 1:1. Kinda pricey, but lasts me a year. I use it for all my DX wax ups and I do ALOT of them.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Radical
Thanks
Depends what you use it for. Coltene's Lab-Putty hard has good accuracy and a better bond to a poly-vinyl wash if you use it that way, and it's usually cheaper as well as a little smoother and more flexible. We use both Siltech and Coltene, but for different things.
Jeweler's scale off ebay is the way to go on that note.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Alright, now about the ultrasonic. I'm seeing a cheapy for $60 and others $150 and up. The cheapey is 60W and the other is 400W. What am I looking for if used for removing reaction layer on pressed e.max?

Thanks for the input

C

charles007

Reaction score
Alright, now about the ultrasonic. I'm seeing a cheapy for $60 and others $150 and up. The cheapey is 60W and the other is 400W. What am I looking for if used for removing reaction layer on pressed e.max?

Thanks for the input
You do need a heater for faster cleanup of reaction layer..
Jim Emmons makes a product to help with the reaction layer to use in your investment !

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Jim Emmons makes a product to help with the reaction layer to use in your investment !

Charles, what's wrong with hot tap water? Ultrasonic waves produce heat as well.

doug

doug

Reaction score

We tried the the stuff to reduce the reaction layer. Either our EP 5000 is doing a great job pressing, or that stuff doesn't make much difference.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
hows that polisher working john?

Ive bought tens of thousands of dollars of stuff on ebay, had a few things that were dead on arrival, but ebay usually helps you get your money back..

Avoid the chinese knockoff stuff.. its a waste of money. The best 'non dental' thing Ive found is a scope from AmScope. Great deal, decent scope, good quality.. under $300

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Anyone want to teach me about the difference between 60w and 400w?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Let me know if you buy an ultrasonic that works, I put an offer on one last week, but they didnt accept it.. But they counteroffered a dollar cheaper.. ha. My old schein ultrasonic would shock me.. so I ditched it.

That shade guide is definitely a knockoff.. The 'font' of the shades scribed on there are way different than mine, but maybe they changed it..?
BTW, how much does a penny weigh?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Let me know if you buy an ultrasonic that works, I put an offer on one last week, but they didnt accept it.. But they counteroffered a dollar cheaper.. ha. My old schein ultrasonic would shock me.. so I ditched it.

That shade guide is definitely a knockoff.. The 'font' of the shades scribed on there are way different than mine, but maybe they changed it..?
BTW, how much does a penny weigh?
It depends on the year...the composition has changed a few times.

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
I bought this scale and love it. 19 bucks and free shipping.
Smart Weigh JDS20 Digital Portable Milligram Pocket Scale, 20 by 0.001g

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
SO I'm buying a lot of stuff, right, and all things dental have a much higher price tag. so ebay sales similar things but different occupation. This is what I'm looking at:
ultra sonic
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-PRO-LAR...818?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588196a60a
digital scale
http://www.ebay.com/itm/0-01g-x-200...467?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35cff3ab2b

And other stuff.
Also wondering what you are using for lab putty? I grew up on siltec and am comfortable with it. Anyone using the cheaper stuff and still fill like you're getting accurate results?
get an ultrasonic with heat. I got mine off ebay. and my scale too. I also buy from a few sellers on a very regular basis. want their info? text email or call me. c'mon we are practically dating now anyway. lol

I am using coltene lab putty but I prefer siltec. I've tried a few others including the 'hard' and 'soft' putties. siltec is the best and easiest to use for me. coltene is a reasonable second for less cost.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
GC putty is awesome if you have the $$.. zhermack is what I use now. If youre just using it for matrixes I dont see the need for more expensive putty. I process acrylic and dentures with the zhermack and it works fine.

Top Bottom