E-Max cad cost vs Pressing cost

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
If you're that worried about opposing dentition wearing, then hand polish the Zr.

this statement drives me crazy. will try to put it into terms you can understand..again..

polishing zr will not change the FACT that its MUCH harder than enamel.

brick in a glass house.it WILL eventually grind its way out of the plane of occlusion. cuz of the hardness of the material. piece of oak(zr),piece of pine(enamel) DOES NOT MATTER HOW POLISHED THE OAK IS,rub the oak on the pine and it WILL dent(grind) the pine.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I think you've been grinding your pine a bit too much there junior.

You are coming across as a few logs short of a cord!

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
this statement drives me crazy. will try to put it into terms you can understand..again..

polishing zr will not change the FACT that its MUCH harder than enamel.

brick in a glass house.it WILL eventually grind its way out of the plane of occlusion. cuz of the hardness of the material. piece of oak(zr),piece of pine(enamel) DOES NOT MATTER HOW POLISHED THE OAK IS,rub the oak on the pine and it WILL dent(grind) the pine.

Respectfully, wear is related to surface smoothness not hardness. Zirconia being very homogeneous in nature makes it very smooth if polished properly.
Oak is a very porous wood. The grain structure or texture of the wood is determined by the relative size of the longitudinal cells. Wood species with large cells are said to have a coarse texture, while those with smaller cells have a fine texture. Oak is a large cell species resulting in an abrasive surface structure.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
apples and pears and brain and pain maybe by russian googel.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Hardness is a problem in parafunctions but not by itself.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
lol this is why its fun on here!

anyway, is there anyone really doing mass production blue block?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
It's still cheaper to outsource.

13 units x 7 days = 28 units /week.....do the math!

[video=youtube_share;rLprXHbn19I]http://youtu.be/rLprXHbn19I[/video]

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
Those cheaper blocks ever come out?

R

Raffi M.

Reaction score
Wow.. Amazing post... But too bad there isn't a clear answer... Spend 10 000 more on a mill that could do emax in 30 Min's or buying a 10000 dollar furnace that can press email?which would you do.

R

Raffi M.

Reaction score
FYI if I own a pro press 200 and would never believe it could press emax... Looking into a Zubler vario press 300 that could give me a better result in my ceramic bakes and press emax

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Wow.. Amazing post... But too bad there isn't a clear answer... Spend 10 000 more on a mill that could do emax in 30 Min's or buying a 10000 dollar furnace that can press email?which would you do.
If the mill could (and likely it can) mill titanium custom abutments there is more added value in the mill than the press. Keep in mind, in a couple of months there will be a boatload of new super trans materials that will be coming to market. They really look great and will compete very well with e.amx. If e.max takes a hit what do you do with a new press? The mill can produce loads of different materials and indications. That said, It's probably less expensive to press e.max. This will depend on who is doing all the processing in the press protocol. If your a small lab and your doing these steps your time can be better spent and the press protocol is costing you more than you may think.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
everybody has issues milling emax. there are places that simply have to live with 45% remake factor due to chipping beyond their control.

i myself am still trying to control some tightness issues. would be nice if i could control the cam for the mill but thats not going to be possible.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
everybody has issues milling emax. there are places that simply have to live with 45% remake factor due to chipping beyond their control.

i myself am still trying to control some tightness issues. would be nice if i could control the cam for the mill but thats not going to be possible.
45% remake factor?
send it back!

Top Bottom