dye seeing through thin veneer :(

M

Matell

Reaction score
hello!
Here I am again, of course, needing your advice's :)
I started doing veneers, but I still don't have much experience, and my boss can't now send me to some super course, so i'm making it up by myself.
So, I have 8 veneers on tetracycline (???) teeth, so the dye is ND3, and I have veneers 0,4mm thin...
On trying the dye was "seeing through" and now I don't know what to do, because the doctor doesn't have experience with cementation, and I would like to "cover it" with stains if it's possible.
please help, and hurry, ...
P.S. I was pressing on LT A1, and I need A2 colour.
Thank You all :)

corona

corona

Reaction score
if what you are saying is true : .4mm- 8 unit veneer with ND3 stumps and final shade that is desired is A2 , then no problem , being that they are veneers .... you should be pressing out of HTBL2 or HTBL1 to be safe , then texture , stain , and glaze .
If you already used LTA1 then ok, but you are going to have to micro layer the incisal 1/3 to 2/3 to get a less monochromatic look. Either way, you should be fine .. this should be an easy case .
Just wait till you get the ones with the ND8-9 colors and they are .5 mmm thick , have sharp contra angles, the patient is super picky , and the doctor sent 3 impressions and wants you to pick the best one for margins ........ then you can start sweating it. Good luck . and show some pics if you can .

The only caveat I see is that you mention tetracycline stained teeth. From what i have seen , they arent just one stump shade like you mention . usually are three or even four stump colors . If this is true , then you are in trouble . Call the doctor .

P

paulg100

Reaction score
"and my boss can't now send me to some super course"

dont wait for your boss to send you on courses, find the money and sign up for em yourself.. its your career ;) maybe your boss could sponsor part of it.

alot of techs i see waiting around for their boss to find the money and/or organize things for em go no where.