DWX-50 Wax Bridges Dont Fit

A

aqdental

Reaction score
Is the wax not fitting well or the metal after casting?

C

camposds

Reaction score
I no longer use wax. I use primotec's premio burnout. Add die spacer to dies after scanned and reline the mill with primopattern gel to get rid of all the overmilling. Get hand made results

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Why hasn't anyone inquired about milling strategies? If the OP is selecting a different material on 3shape, wax. And his drill comp for that material is set below what the nesting software computes, there will surely be a fit issue.

N

NickB

Reaction score
I've taken away all of the cement spacer for the wax. Individual copings after casting are nice fitting.... a little loose but workable. One bridge came out nice. Not as tight as a wax up would be but not as tight as I would like it still. I'm wondering if there is something within SUM3D to work with the fit. I was given a quick introduction to the nesting program but there's so much it can do.

There is a "cement spacer" option when you have the case in the design phase. The default setting gives you a tad bit of space for cement. But we were experiencing the crowns coming out a bit big, so we reduced the cement gap setting and it began to fit like a glove.

N

NickB

Reaction score
I tried a different wax and the bridges still come out rocking slightly. How do most of you cut the wax bridges off of the wax disc? I simply use a narrow BP blame slightly heated with a flame.

But Im worried this technique might be causing the bridges to rock.

James Babbi

James Babbi

Reaction score
Any tips for correcting this problem? 3 unit bridges fit like a glove, but anything over 5 units then its rock city. I use the "create stabilizer" option which is supposed to keep it from warping while milling or cutting it out of the disk, but those bigger bridges still rock. Zirconia bridges (big or small) fit great. But the wax is giving me trouble.

Thanks

Nick
Hi Nick,
Since the Zirconia bridges fit great, it seems that the issue could be with something else other than the mill: wax, milling strategy, design, spacer, etc. Have you reached out to the distributor where you bought the unit? Have you been experiencing this recently?

N

NickB

Reaction score
Is the wax not fitting well or the metal after casting?

The wax fits good (the Henry Schein wax) after milling, but it fits like crap after being cast. The new wax I used the past 2 days did not do well, and the wax bridges rock with the new wax.
Ill go back to using Henry Schein wax, but that doesnt relieve the rocking issue we've been having.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
The wax fits good (the Henry Schein wax) after milling, but it fits like crap after being cast. The new wax I used the past 2 days did not do well, and the wax bridges rock with the new wax.
Ill go back to using Henry Schein wax, but that doesnt relieve the rocking issue we've been having.
When does the bridge not fit? Immediately after casting, it could be your investment, Do hand waxed bridges not rock?

N

NickB

Reaction score
When does the bridge not fit? Immediately after casting, it could be your investment, Do hand waxed bridges not rock?

Truth be told, we have bad waxers and they struggle to make 1 out of 3 bridges fit properly. But yeah, the bridges typically fit fine if waxed correctly. What could be the causing the investment
to be the problem?

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Truth be told, we have bad waxers and they struggle to make 1 out of 3 bridges fit properly. But yeah, the bridges typically fit fine if waxed correctly. What could be the causing the investment
to be the problem?
If your "bad waxers" invest the wax that could be your problem they could be lazy, don't care, insufficiently motivated, or are too undertrained to do it properly.
Some things to watch are
Inconsistent ratio, bad water (I would just use distilled),bad investment, bad liquid, initial set time, insufficent top scraping, Rapid burn out, insufficient hold time are some things to look into.
Casting could be another whole slew of variables.

vurban210

vurban210

Reaction score

Spruing.

A

aqdental

Reaction score
Ok, it may be some issue with expansion. If you are starting with a good fit, your roland is doing the job right. Cast bridgework ( especially long span with more than 2 abutments ) its not easy. Also check your spruing technique. Do you have a photo?

James Babbi

James Babbi

Reaction score

So after all, the issue had nothing to do with the DWX-50, milling strategies, cement spacing, etc... :)

N

NickB

Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for the great answers. Seems like it might have been a combination of things. I changed my technique for cutting off the bridges from the wax disc, and hammered home to our waxers
the need to handle these cases with great care during the spruing and investing. Although Ive hammered home that point a thousand times, it never changed. So far, though, seems to be doing well, and perhaps
it was only my removal technique, although the wax bridges did fit in wax before I changed that.

Thanks again!

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for the great answers. Seems like it might have been a combination of things. I changed my technique for cutting off the bridges from the wax disc, and hammered home to our waxers
the need to handle these cases with great care during the spruing and investing. Although Ive hammered home that point a thousand times, it never changed. So far, though, seems to be doing well, and perhaps
it was only my removal technique, although the wax bridges did fit in wax before I changed that.

Thanks again!
Have them sign off on the case they wax give them a dollar for every one that goes down perfect.

N

NickB

Reaction score
Have them sign off on the case they wax give them a dollar for every one that goes down perfect.

LOL I tried that. Once offered to buy them lunch if they would stop waxing simple copings so thin (castings would get tiny holes as a result). 2 days a week they
wax some of their copings less than 2/10 of a mm in thickness, sometimes paper thin, and holes would result. So the lunch offer didnt work sadly.

But, to be fair, none of them speak English and likely make minimum wage (just my guess).

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
LOL I tried that. Once offered to buy them lunch if they would stop waxing simple copings so thin (castings would get tiny holes as a result). 2 days a week they
wax some of their copings less than 2/10 of a mm in thickness, sometimes paper thin, and holes would result. So the lunch offer didnt work sadly.

But, to be fair, none of them speak English and likely make minimum wage (just my guess).
Well have the "boss" do some cross training, and have them finish the metal.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score

Also they do speak English, just not to you.

N

NickB

Reaction score
Also they do speak English, just not to you.

They do speak it to me, but they get confused when they see "lingual band" on the script. They wax a buccal band instead.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
eh, could be worse.