Duralay burnout

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Will Duralay burnout clean with Pressvest speed?

Will it crack the ring?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Probably, just stage your burnout, do not slam it in a hot oven.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I always put a super thin coat of wax on the pattern resin if possible. Gives that little extra room
for the resin to expand.

2thmakr

Reaction score
It's worked for me with no amending of burnout cylce but I did keep the Duralay to a minimum-use it for a difficult area where you need strength or reliable accuracy in a bridge but then overlay it with wax for the majority of the pattern. I do let it burn out just a tad longer but I really doubt it is needed.

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
Putting a thin coat of wax certainly helps. Staging the burnout will allow the resin to burn out slowly (producing significantly less carbon) and result in a much cleaner casting. I've cast many plastic attachments and assemblies and have always used a two stage burnout with a slow rise in temp. During the first stage and let it heat soak at 600 degrees F. You will notice a big difference in your castings. .

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Thanks, I want to apply it to a titanium base for a clean pressing so it doesn't have to be thick.

My other thought was to scan a ti base and design it for an emax cad screw retained .

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Putting a thin coat of wax certainly helps. Staging the burnout will allow the resin to burn out slowly (producing significantly less carbon) and result in a much cleaner casting. I've cast many plastic attachments and assemblies and have always used a two stage burnout with a slow rise in temp. During the first stage and let it heat soak at 600 degrees F. You will notice a big difference in your castings. .

Thanks Nicole, but keep in mind that this is for pressing emax and not metal.

A two stage burnout makes sense but a 1 hour speed vest would be nice.

U

USGooner

Reaction score
I just pressed one today. Full gc pattern resin emax for the new abutment system. Put in oven at 200 f. Then ran up to final temp at 20 degrees minute Celsius. Hold 40 mins then pressed. In galaxy 2 investment, very similiar to press vest speed. 100 gram ring. Worked great!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
GC pattern resin gets my vote, never a problem.. I throw it in a hot oven with Fujivest. I agree, put some wax over it for expansion.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
It's been almost a year since I have used my abutment designer software for 3 Shape.

Instead I have been scanning ti bases and stock abutments or pressing over ti bases with emax mo ingots.

I almost didn't renew the abutment designer license however I probably would have regretted that.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
What are you using to bond the e.max abutments?