JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Title says it all. Any thoughts?

F

FullPartial

Reaction score
I saw Meryl Streep in a wax museum and that led me to say YES ABSOLUTELY! You don't come back the same from those kind of experiences.

On a serious note some searching on millable waxes and PMMA showed manufacturer recommended expiration dates of around 10 years but no technical information that I could find. @rc75 any idea with your wax and even PMMA for that matter?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i think because of the fda they have to put an expiration date. but i have seen and toyed with some VERY VERY old Ivoclar-Williams wax (prob 30 years old or more) and it still handles fine.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I have a box of old neowax baseplate that was originally pink. I opened the box and it had lost most of its color.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Which wax in particular?
sticky wax? I doubt it ever expires or looses it's colour.
Beading wax,c&b wax,diagnostic wax,ear wax,pattern wax,etc.

I'd be more concerned with potato salad.Eating

user name

user name

Reaction score
Not too many of us probably have 'old' materials sitting around. Ive also noticed that the baseplate wax was more brittle. Id understand if it were exposed to UV, but 20 years in a drawer?

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
I saw Meryl Streep in a wax museum and that led me to say YES ABSOLUTELY! You don't come back the same from those kind of experiences.

On a serious note some searching on millable waxes and PMMA showed manufacturer recommended expiration dates of around 10 years but no technical information that I could find. @rc75 any idea with your wax and even PMMA for that matter?

I've never heard of wax or Pmma expiring Hmmmm2 I'll ask around and see if that's even possible.

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
fabio-gouveia.jpg

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Not too many of us probably have 'old' materials sitting around. Ive also noticed that the baseplate wax was more brittle. Id understand if it were exposed to UV, but 20 years in a drawer?
Humidity, or rather lack of ambient moisture? Vaseline will "dry out" in thin layers in about an hour.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
i think because of the fda they have to put an expiration date. but i have seen and toyed with some VERY VERY old Ivoclar-Williams wax (prob 30 years old or more) and it still handles fine.
I was thinking legally required to expire some time. I have teeth with a 20 year exp date on them?