Do you seal your Dies For Zirconia?

T

tonester

Reaction score
I know you don't seal dies before scanning but I'm wanting opinons on sealing dies after sintering and before fitting. Do you think it's necessary or is it a waste of time?

C

charles007

Reaction score
Tony, are you having to grind to seat your zir crowns ? :(

T

tonester

Reaction score
Charles,
Not much, somtimes not at all, and far less than metal.

JOE_Z

JOE_Z

Reaction score
I do. Along with the contact to reduce abrasion to the model during fit and finish

P

paulg100

Reaction score
sure do. Even with fuji rock that been set under pressure (makes it harder) i still seal, i wanna make as sure as possible that i retain the marginal integrity of the die.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I seal before scanning. Your scanner should be able to scan just fine with die seal on it.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
depends on the scanner :) if its craplab then it wont.

then again that thing wont scan properly with out sealer either :flame:, OK i wont start :rant:

Last edited:
CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
depends on the scanner :) if its craplab then it wont.

then again that thing wont scan properly with out sealer either :flame:, OK i wont start :rant:

Dude, you gotta let it go, this InLab things gonna eat you up. ;)

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Cut the Clear coat 50/50 with solvent.

Experiment with ratio to "get just under " shiny results.

It will flow into the stone better and still provide the extra stregnth for no chipping at margin, but obviously you don't want it to add to the dimentions of die or to be shiny for scanning.

Scott

C

charles007

Reaction score
What's up, all my crowns that come back from my milling lab never need to be touched to seat........is my scanner more accurate than others ?
What is a good die sealer product that's ok to scan.

T

tonester

Reaction score
Charles, I haven't donre enough yet but fits are good. I'll keep you posted and hopefully I have the same results you're having.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
What's up, all my crowns that come back from my milling lab never need to be touched to seat........is my scanner more accurate than others ?
What is a good die sealer product that's ok to scan.

Are you using 3Shape?

What are your margin settings? I am still not happy with my margins?

C

charles007

Reaction score
Are you using 3Shape?

What are your margin settings? I am still not happy with my margins?

From Delcam and 3Shape, never touch to seat....:)

Will check later for margin settings.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
maybe your eye sight inst what it used to be charles? ;)

Nah, i just got back from a day at renishaw, delcam where there also.

Liking the look of there new software. Which Delcam scanner did you buy again charles?

They said they will begin phasing out the Imetric in place of their new scanner, so what was that...wait for it.... a rebranded Solutonix :) those things are everywhere now.

Even the old Imetric looks to be very accurate compared to the other last gen scanners so im not suprised your getting good fits.

I got an STL of a model scan from the solutonix, im just off to chuck it into geomagic qualify and see what sort of data it puts out.

overall Delcam looks like one to keep an eye on. I liked the look of what i saw, in terms of software also.

Last edited:
delcam-healthcare

delcam-healthcare

Alex - Product Engineer
Reaction score
They said they will begin phasing out the Imetric in place of their new scanner, so what was that...wait for it.... a rebranded Solutonix :) those things are everywhere now.

Just to clarify we are not "phasing out" the iMetric, we are just adding another scanning option to our dental solution.

Also glad you found the visit to Renishaw useful.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Just to clarify we are not "phasing out" the iMetric, we are just adding another scanning option to our dental solution.

Also glad you found the visit to Renishaw useful.

What is the new option ?

P

paulg100

Reaction score
The Solutonix charles.

and yeah it was a worth while day Alex.

There seemed to be a lack of BS in the air, which was a refreshing change from most other CAD/CAM companies.

BTW the STL file you gave me was the frame design, i really needed the model ;) but never mind.

Once i am in a more serious position to buy a new system, ill bug you for more info nearer the time. The price point you are comming in at with the new scanner is very competitive also.

Good to see you here, just as well i didnt slate your system :)

Last edited:
C

charles007

Reaction score
The Solutonix charles.

and yeah it was a worth while day Alex.

There seemed to be a lack of BS in the air, which was a refreshing change from most other CAD/CAM companies.

BTW the STL file you gave me was the frame design, i really needed the model ;) but never mind.

Once i am in a more serious position to buy a new system, ill bug you for more info nearer the time. The price point you are comming in at with the new scanner is very competitive also.

Good to see you here, just as well i didnt slate your system :)

And what brand of Cad software... Exocad ?