Difference in type 2 class 1 vs type 2 class 2?

Stuffdogg

Stuffdogg

Reaction score
I ordered the wrong stuff, need to dupe some dentures for surgical guides over the weekend but I just noticed that I got type 2 class 2 pour clear powder... problem is I don't have class 2 type 2 liquid....can I substitute?

Stuffdogg

Stuffdogg

Reaction score
I tested a sample using type 2 class 1 liquid with type 2 class 2 powder and it looks to have worked, the sample came out clear non porous and completely cured hard after 15 min in a pressure pot at 115 degrees. What's the difference in the two? Any concerns I should have?

oaktra

oaktra

Reaction score
I have used both heat cure and pour monomer with My clear pour on the advise of the manufacturer he said no worries and I have never had any troubles.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I tested a sample using type 2 class 1 liquid with type 2 class 2 powder and it looks to have worked, the sample came out clear non porous and completely cured hard after 15 min in a pressure pot at 115 degrees. What's the difference in the two? Any concerns I should have?
Type II (autocure)
Class 2 (pour)

Shouldn't have a problem. The difference is the setting time is tweaked to enhance pour flow.
Class 1 is more suited to salt and pepper builds or handling when doughy.
It's more of a working stage property than an end result one.

Top Bottom