Die Stone

PGguy

PGguy

Reaction score
I was wondering what everybodies favorite Die Stone is and why? Do you use any hardners?

I currently use Die Keen from Heraeus (ivory). I am open to trying out new stone if there is something better.

Sean

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I was wondering what everybodies favorite Die Stone is and why? Do you use any hardners?

I currently use Die Keen from Heraeus (ivory). I am open to trying out new stone if there is something better.

Sean
I used die keen for years with no problems. Now I use Fujirock EP.
It seems to be more chip resistant and its finer and seems to have more details. Since it is finer it is hard on the smartbox, it makes it squeek when despensing powder.

I dont use die hardner liquid, it will change the expansion.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I use die keen.......why? Used it for so many years, I'm scarrrrreeeeeddd to change to anything else.

Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
I like Die Keen because it stacks nice and has more expansion (minimal slumping-I like the blue),however, I like the FujiRock EP more. I like the pastel, which is actually a light yellow, but the margins are a little harder to read. I use the tan more because it is easier to read. I pin with either Renfert or Sunburst bi-pins and use Whipmix flow stone, blue, for my bases.

C

ChrisR

Reaction score
Die Keen is easier to handle while pouring and seems to have a little less surface tention on polyvinyls. But i use pastel fuji rock and a smooth instrument to help it along when needed. Have had great results with fuji so far. The only down size is it a bit on the pricy side............But you do get a great bucket to mop the floor with !

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
We used Die Keen for years but the expansion was too much. We now use Lean Rock. It sets fast, low expansion and is scanable. You can only pour a couple of models at a time because it sets so fast but it stacks good. Models can be pulled in about 20 minutes. Makes up for the small batches. I liked the chip resistance of Fuji but it's expensive and too hard on the wrists trimming on the model trimmer and takes a long time to set fully.

Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
I got a batch of Lean Rock from a Whipmix rep. It works well. I like that it sets fast. The color of the sample bag of stone I was given is a light blue. I need to check some feedback on the fit, but this stone does look very promising!

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
We have both. ivory for working die and blue for uncut model. Both are fine for scanning. We also use the Flowstone quick set for bases in blue. .08 expansion is good.

Last edited:
Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
I use the blue flowstone also for the bases. It looks good. [It also makes me feel good that we are using stuff that other talented people are using] I've seen that they are making the flowstone in several other colors. I've only ever used blue and the "original" black. We will pour any crowns that are remakes with bases made from black flowstone. It's kind of a visual clue that it is a do-over. Like the black armband at a funeral. Luckily, it doesn't happen too often.

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
That's a good idea. I might get a batch of black. Luckily we have a low remake rate. Mostly it's for a shade change and not the coping. From that the shade change is mostly picked wrong by the dentist.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Resin Rock from Whip-Mip or similar stone with resin.

Very resistant to chipping.

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
We use Shera Rock and Zwo Klasse 4 in my hungarian laboratory.

C

CogSci

Reaction score
After many years of using FujiRock, I switched to MileStone, then last year to Excalibur (Garreco). It's very hard, but doesn't chip, and has a low expansion. Perfect, IMHO.

Last edited:
EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Saw this older thread. Any new thoughts?

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I just watched a webinar from Whipmix on LEAN in the Model Room. Of course they endorse their LEAN Rock product for the webinar. We have always used Die Keen, but I just ordered a sample of their LEAN Rock and their FS Base Stone. We get very few remakes so I am hesitant to switch stones, but the fast setting times would make the work flow a lot easier to manage.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
We will pour any crowns that are remakes with bases made from black flowstone. It's kind of a visual clue that it is a do-over. Like the black armband at a funeral. Luckily, it doesn't happen too often.

Great IDEA, I am going to steal this idea, THANKS! Not that we ever have remakes :) cough cough cough

Gdentallab

Gdentallab

Reaction score
i used SHERA for 4 years https://www.shera.de/en/silver.econtent/catalog.Now i changed to SILADENT.SILADENT Dr. Böhme & Schöps GmbH - Products After couple of months my opinion SILADENT is much better. The class V. is ideal for perfect models. They have also cad/cam gypsum blanks..

good choice. I'm using Siladent products as well. You should try their investment, the premium, perfect.
Which die stone you're using? Isn't type V high expansion? I'm using the MARMOPLAST N .