Diamond set in porcelain crown

Baobabtree

Baobabtree

Reaction score
Hi everyone, sorry if a thread for this already exists. I have a request from a good customer of mine. Implant screw retained crown on a molar with a diamond set into the buccal surface. Patient is providing the diamond. This is the first time in 25 yrs of c&b that I have been asked to do this. Any tips on providing a successful outcome would be fantastic. Thanks in advance.

stonefly

stonefly

Reaction score
Hi everyone, sorry if a thread for this already exists. I have a request from a good customer of mine. Implant screw retained crown on a molar with a diamond set into the buccal surface. Patient is providing the diamond. This is the first time in 25 yrs of c&b that I have been asked to do this. Any tips on providing a successful outcome would be fantastic. Thanks in advance.
DO NOT put it the porcelain oven... Good luck. I found it not to be worth it. Even at a $300 mark up and that was 10+ years ago

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Do a search on here for past threads dealing with it. I remember one back when Mark Jackson was around, he said there is a lot to it. They had special bezels made to hold the diamond or something.

A

aqdental

Reaction score
Hi, I'm doing a full arch implant case right now and I have received a diamond to put in to the lateral ( patient had in in his natural one). Not sue either how to do this. I was thinking to make a metal " box" and than bond it in the ceramic?

Baobabtree

Baobabtree

Reaction score
Thanks very much. I appreciate your input. Have had some suggestions of putting an undercut in the porcelain in the indentation where the diamond is to be seated and seating with composite. May have a dummy run with an old crown and a stone to see how that goes.

Top Bottom