Designing crowns

dentallabmne

dentallabmne

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm a young exocad designer and have a problem, maybe someone more experienced could help me.Keep in mind I'm the only designer here, so i don't have anyone else to ask.
I got a case where the central incisiors are too far away.I tried placing them and altering the tooth in so many ways but it doesn't make it better. Even after free-forming there's a gap on the cervical surface,idk how else to explain it🤷🏻‍♀️
Any tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated!

dentallabmne

dentallabmne

Reaction score
Also is there a way to stop exocad from totally deforming my crowns when it gets to the generate crowns step?It's so annoying

doug

doug

Reaction score
Pic would help, maybe even a screen capture video.

dentallabmne

dentallabmne

Reaction score
I'm not in the lab today but I'll post tomorrow, i have a pic of the teeth printer but I can't find a way to post it here😅

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
@dentallabmne may need a few more posts to upload an image?

dentallabmne

dentallabmne

Reaction score
Could be, im trying my best to explain it, its like the cervical third ends up being dented or misses a part because the teeth are originally far away and when i set them up in any way they end up being butchered by the generate crown phase, I've tried free forming it and it did help but it's still noticeable

dentallabmne

dentallabmne

Reaction score

This is it printed, i think it's noticeable enough to see what I'm talking about😅

DigiSculpt Design Center

DigiSculpt Design Center

Reaction score
If adapting the tooth to the prep is causing too much distortion, after positioning the tooth anatomy, save that anatomy as an individual stl files, go back to the stage prior to the program loading in any anatomy, go to expert, add or remove mesh, load in the stl as a waxup, back to wizard, next next next

A

a3dl

Reaction score
You can always try using the anatomical wax up in the database setup. Helps not deforming crowns that are not ideal anatomically

dentallabmne

dentallabmne

Reaction score
Thank you guys, I'll try to do it again i hope it fixes it.Means a lot!

D

Deena8484

Reaction score
When your setting up the dental DB After you select anatomical crown on the left and the advanced options pop up on the right, choose Preserve tooth library do not choose pull to margin

dentallabmne

dentallabmne

Reaction score
Okay that must be it!!!!Can't wait to check it out tomorrow😅
Thank you!!!

JonnyLathe

JonnyLathe

Reaction score
This is just kind of the nature of it. I usually smooth around the cervical portion when it adapts to the margin and crown bottom, then you can use the fine brush tool to accentuate your line angles and smooth the interproximals to create depth and the illusion of separation.

E

erzdaemon

Reaction score
Do you sculpt your crown before the "generate crown" like in the "tooth placement" step?

I use placement only for rough alignment height/center line/axis and sculpt in freeform step after "generate crowns" has done it's thing.

You can also choose a different tooth library in the Placement Step ( like the one called "hd" maybe ) which may look better for your case.

In the freeforming step there's also an "anatomic" Tab on top which let's you do different manipulations but that's probably something you already know.

cheers

dentallabmne

dentallabmne

Reaction score
Yes i do the exact same and also mostly use hd since my library is sadly limited for the time being, i tried using the waxup setting and it helps a lot.One more thing i do is i upload it as a new case and i import the design i already did as a scan and free-form it as scan data and fix the things i didn't like, then i export it as a separate STL file so that worked out too, thank you!

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
When your setting up the dental DB After you select anatomical crown on the left and the advanced options pop up on the right, choose Preserve tooth library do not choose pull to margin
totally forgot about this

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
You can always try using the anatomical wax up in the database setup. Helps not deforming crowns that are not ideal anatomically
Is there a video of this technique? I thougth that I saw one before. I am trying to split two crowns over one implant. Not screw retained.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
its split file custom abutment/ crown

Top Bottom