Denture Acrylic

M

MARILEE HARRIS

Reaction score
has anyone used Excel Hi impact acrylic from St George. Lucitone 199 has not been mixing right we alway used it but not to great lately.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Tried St George it is ok economy material but I went to Denplus, or Diamond D, now trying the SnowRock (acry tone). The flippers are coming out fine, but still working on getting full dentures the way I want them. Haven't used luci199 in decades.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
I use Diamond D for press pack, and Ivocap for injections.

S

Sp00n

Reaction score
I use paladon65 from kulzer in a dentsply success system. Works like a charm but you have to get the mixture correct

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Thedentureman

Thedentureman

Reaction score
Ivo-base ,Diamond D here.

M

MARILEE HARRIS

Reaction score
Tried St George it is ok economy material but I went to Denplus, or Diamond D, now trying the SnowRock (acry tone). The flippers are coming out fine, but still working on getting full dentures the way I want them. Haven't used luci199 in decades.
Thanks. we always used Lucitone but not real happy we tried a sample of Excel High impact and was surprised was not bad. We are considering the Diamond D. is the snowrock monomerfree?

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Snowrock is monomer free, and is processed like nylon using a furnace (284*c) & injection (7.5 bar). Their system would allow a large lab production, I'm using my Myerson flexipress.

M

MARILEE HARRIS

Reaction score
Snowrock is monomer free, and is processed like nylon using a furnace (284*c) & injection (7.5 bar). Their system would allow a large lab production, I'm using my Myerson flexipress.
Thanks. We have tried monomer free acrylic from clear splint : Horrible to work with just terrible thanks for the input

ottawa

ottawa

Reaction score
I'd suggest trying diamond d, a lot easier and quicker to trim and polish then lucitone. Also a lot less fractures.

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
GC NatureCryl packed, injected, and microwaved.

C

CPLZ

Reaction score
GC NatureCryl Super Hi Impact. Press packed. In about 18 months I have yet to have a single crack in anything, including when I get sloppy with the air chisel divesting. Looks great, handles great, polishes great and I have yet to see anything nearly as durable.

R

Robert Adams

Reaction score
Hi My name is Rob where did you get th acry -tone and what equipment do you process it with? Thanks

BeBe

BeBe

Reaction score
Travis -
Do you mind sharing how you are using your Myerson FlexPress to process SnowRock? We recently purchased the system and are using it only for DuraFlex and DuraCetal.
Thank you!

BeBe

BeBe

Reaction score
Travis -
Do you mind sharing how you are using your Myerson FlexPress to process SnowRock? We recently purchased the system and are using it only for DuraFlex and DuraCetal.
Thank you!
I meant to ask AJEL! Sorry Travis!

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
Travis -
Thank you!

SnowRock comes as shot, you have to fill your cartridges yourself. Just buy cartridges that fit your Flexpress and set the time and temp. to the proper setting. Inject and enjoy! :)

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Check your Numatics 14b pressure regulator, it may be set at less than <100psi, Turn the dial to increase pressure. Myerson did not mention but this is a maintenance item and the repair kit can be purchased from a Numatics dealer. For Snow rock you will need in the flexipres pressure to be 125psi to heat at 285*c melt at 26 min and hold 2 min. Then quench the snowrock acrytone. I use DVA separator & inject into a hot flask. I also put diatorics in teeth, just an old tech habit.
Also note that the snowrock flask has an exhaust vent opposite the injection port. I simply had the flask bolted together and used a 1mm drill bit opposite the input port. When using snowrock have a 12g wax to the vent, it also seems to help with the acetal injection.
Note that the snowrock polyamide RezenNF is easily processed at the 100psi, 300*c 20 min melt & 2 min hold. It polishes easier than duraflex, shapes about the same. You will need to obtain med cartridges from myerson. hope this helps.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Hi My name is Rob where did you get th acry -tone and what equipment do you process it with? Thanks
Rob if you are starting out go with the Dentsoll system, it is priced at around $5000. extra flasks are only around $150. If you are fair production you could process 96 cases per day if you purchase 45 flasks. From investing to process & finish you have around an hour. No porosity and no free monomer. I am using a flexipres, I have had to work some things out myself, a manual system if you practice a few baseplates would work out to to get the feel for the material. Depending on your manual system you might have to set the furnace up a little differently. You could call them directly 888-793-7477, I do not work for them and cannot speak for them.