Dental Lab CAD

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
starting a lab business and shopping for used scanner and software capable of long span frameworks, implants, surgical guides..
there is used cercon eye on ebay can it be used with exocad or 3shape software..?
any input on what would be a good starting point
Greetings Earthling! Welcome!

If you are not planning on getting a mill also, checking with your milling partner(s) to see what solutions they may suggest would be a good idea too. Not all .stl files are created equal.

E

erykd1

Reaction score
Beware of used unless you are experienced. I bought a used dental wings series 5 about 5 years ago. A total mistake. Wasted $$8000.00. I learned a lot but bruised my head beating it against the wall daily. Six months ago I bought a DOF Freedom HD WITH EXOCAD. Like driving a jaguar smooth yet powerful. I'm about to buy another. I can sell ya a dental wings 5 series. Hahaha. If you are inexperienced which it sounds like you are. You WILL need the year support. Call Dominion Milling They can hook ya up.

I totally agree! Dominion Milling has been great and by far the best value we found for a scanner w/ the newest version of Exocad. Support has been great and they will help walk you through anything you have questions with. We are also a small lab with a limited budget and were in a similar situation. PM me if you need any more info.

tomas

tomas

Sponsors
Reaction score
i prefer use exo cad . no any error , and do anything you want ,

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
A scanner is the beginning of your CAD workflow. It will be used all day, every day. Don't compromise on one of the most important tools in your lab. Go with a high quality scanner from a company that backs up its products with a solid warranty, service and support. Go with a local reseller who can train and support you so you are getting the most out of your investment.

S

Solid

Reaction score
Greetings Earthling! Welcome!

If you are not planning on getting a mill also, checking with your milling partner(s) to see what solutions they may suggest would be a good idea too. Not all .stl files are created equal.
are stl files created with exocad only through different scanners the same? or the type of scanner can also alter the file...

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
are stl files created with exocad only through different scanners the same? or the type of scanner can also alter the file...

Assuming that you scan the same model with different scanners the output will differ (in relation to hardware specs and scan software algorithms),while the file format will be the same (STL, not counting closed systems here) and readable by various CAD programs...the output (dental CAD design STL) will be a function of the input model scan. In real world, doing singles and short span bridges there's no noticeable difference...for implant bars you'd need a high end scanner for accuracy...

S

Solid

Reaction score
What is the standard wage for a CAD technician in US or Canada?

C

charles007

Reaction score
What is the standard wage for a CAD technician in US or Canada?
Sanders wants to raise it to a minimum wage of $15.00 Laugh need a job
Just kidding if its not oblivious lol

S

Solid

Reaction score
might be off topic. what is it in average? no jokes

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
might be off topic. what is it in average? no jokes
Hi Solid,

LMT Magazine prints an annual salary report that might help answer your question. There are many variables including the location of the lab, the size of the lab and of course the skills of the technician. Their website is: www.lmtmag.com

-Glenn

AlienMilling

AlienMilling

Sponsors
Reaction score
We will be releasing our own scanner soon, with exocad installed. Total price will be around $7000

AlienMilling

AlienMilling

Sponsors
Reaction score
We are in Rialto, California and we are looking to have the first beta versions ready by September