DCM to stl

A

amorsimple

Reaction score
Can anyone help me out converting this DCM to an STL so I can print a 3D model?

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
tried outputting from 3shape as stl using model builder?

B

Buried1999

Reaction score
The DCM from model builder seems not be a standard one, generated/encrypted in a different way maybe. The convertor I have always crashes with 3shape's model builder data. I wonder if it can be done with Dental Shaper.

3ShapeTrios

Reaction score
The DCM from model builder seems not be a standard one, generated/encrypted in a different way maybe. The convertor I have always crashes with 3shape's model builder data. I wonder if it can be done with Dental Shaper.

There's no need for a converter guys, the 3Shape will output all models from model builder and final restorations in STL format.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Many 3shape are closed.

You should know this. (or not I guess?)

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I'm sure he does. Of course I do too.

He sent his email to me now BTW...

You have de-encryption software?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Would you mind answering:

Are you printing your models yourself or outsourcing? Are you pleased with your results, and who is producing them for you out of what or what are you making them with.

3ShapeTrios

Reaction score
Many 3shape are closed.

You should know this. (or not I guess?)

I don't know of any 3Shapes being sold nowadays that are truly closed. They may have locked in certain materials but it's as easy as making another material and setting the output to STL in the control panel. Nobody is closing the model builder portion of the software though, so you can get STL models fine.

D

Denttech

Reaction score
I had 3Shape Denmark adding an extra option to my Trios Inbox , that made it possible to export in direct .stl.
So it is possible without any converter software.

We are printing our models with the objet 260v and are happy with the results.

Does any body already has a solution to print models with holes , and then but repositionable replica's ?
So we can produce screw-retained cases on model.

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
I had 3Shape Denmark adding an extra option to my Trios Inbox , that made it possible to export in direct .stl.
So it is possible without any converter software.

We are printing our models with the objet 260v and are happy with the results.

Does any body already has a solution to print models with holes , and then but repositionable replica's ?
So we can produce screw-retained cases on model.

That option only gives you the raw scan in STL (single surface). Model builder will actually produce an STL model that you can print (hollowed, with removable dies) and you don't need the Trios STL export option. The only reason you would want the Trios stl output option is if you want to import the scans into some other software.

Top Bottom