Datron D5

Adigitalsmile

Adigitalsmile

Reaction score
Has anyone worked with the Datron D5 here in the US. Saw it last year at the Midwinter but haven't heard any buzz regarding the machine. Didn't know if anything positive came out of this machine.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
We checked it out and thought we were in line to purchase.
If you are looking for dental ready, look elsewhere.
If you have a qualified CAM person I think the mill is likely very good. But, you are on your own for mill strategy.
if your not planning on milling wet for metal it is way more mill than you need.
Bob

Adigitalsmile

Adigitalsmile

Reaction score
Well we keep on tossing up which machine to look into for zirconia, hybrids, e.max, and pmma. DWX-50 looks to most of that work minus the e.max.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
We checked it out and thought we were in line to purchase.
If you are looking for dental ready, look elsewhere.
If you have a qualified CAM person I think the mill is likely very good. But, you are on your own for mill strategy.
if your not planning on milling wet for metal it is way more mill than you need.
Bob

Actually, that mist system caused a fire in Europe when it had a problem.

(Sparks!)

You need real flood-coolant to do Ti. Not a little spit of a mist system.

All Datron are non-recirculating cooling units and only have a light misting system added. That systems requires a TON of air supply to keep the tool cool.

Figures that Bob would buy one. You buy One of everything Bob, just to be sure huh? :D

Why would you buy a Datron after you have one of everything else? Why? You are not happy with current mills? You just have extra money?

Last edited:
NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Well we keep on tossing up which machine to look into for zirconia, hybrids, e.max, and pmma. DWX-50 looks to most of that work minus the e.max.

I'm looking like you. Roland DWX-50, Wieland mini or origin desktop 400. Trying to decide.

Adigitalsmile

Adigitalsmile

Reaction score
Is Origin the only machine able to mill Emax out there?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Is Origin the only machine able to mill Emax out there?

No, I think there are several machines that will mill Emax. The origin desktop 400 will not. It is a dry mill only. Some of the more expensive origin mills will.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Hey Scott,
We never did purchased the Daytron. After running some test samples we decided agains it.
FYI, we are buying additional mills because they are filling up, need more capacity. Furthermore, we are learning a lot and with knowledge comes smarter decisions. Thus, purchase of new different mills, furnaces and scanners is likely.
Scott, are you going to be in Chicago next month?
Bob

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score

We have the DWX 50. If you would like to see the precision i will be happy to make you a couple of units, no charge. In addition we made a video of the mill and CAM. You can check it out here.
Roland Dental Mills
Or, if you want to come to Boston we can run through some cases with you.
Bob

D

Dentisti

Reaction score
hello to everybody. can somebody tell to my the price of datron d5

C

charles007

Reaction score
hello to everybody. can somebody tell to my the price of datron d5

If you have to ask, you can't afford it...... the D5 is not made for the small lab.