Custom mouth guards artwork

• Thread starter Toothtechniques
  • Start date
T

Toothtechniques

Reaction score
Hi,
New to dental lab network.
I am familiar with various laminating techniques for incorporating decals, logos, motifs etc onto mouth guards. I have noticed some mouth guards have graphics, detailed artwork almost looks like if the image has been printed onto the mouth guards. The vinyl printing industry utilise plotter, cutter software & machines to cut detailed artwork from as thin as 0.05mm vinyl. The only way I can see to transfer intracet designs onto mouth guards is via this method & then laminate with a 1mm material to seal in & provide a non toxic custom mouth guard for the user. Can anyone please advise?
Thanks.

G

GarryB

Reaction score
That sounds interesting, but over engineered. Why not print your design on decal paper and transfer that onto your guard and finish with a 1mm lamination over the top.

The guards I have seen with the design cut into the EVA prior to forming have looked very poor and in most cases the design is not in the correct position due to movement on heating and sag of the blank.

T

Toothtechniques

Reaction score
Totally agree with you regarding poor quality prints but the problem you have when printing onto decal paper is trying to wrap this around surfaces. You always get creasing. Thanks for your response.

T

Toothtechniques

Reaction score
I get a steady stream of clients, I think what appeals to my patients is all there clinical/technical work stays in house & is completed by myself. This is something the dentist can't offer thus making my clinic unique. To out source would reduce my profit margin & this is a skill I wish to develop for my skill set & knowledge Base.