CubeX2

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
we've been using z-pex and have found it extremely finicky around the margins. :(

anyone else seeing these issues?

We've been doing the double test (making it in e.max and also in z-pex). we have 5 different times where a single unit cracked in half in the mouth during try in. (3 different doctors)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
My concern is that all zirconia's fate lies in the success of this material.If it starts breaking then we are all screwed!

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I had a few margins start to flake when I thinned them out. Not too thin either. Shoulder margin. Weird... Used a red berry

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
precisely why i am concerned with DAL's claim for feather edge margins.

P

PJR

Reaction score
I treat it like eMax, be very careful around the margins and don't go to thin. High strength you can go thinner on occlusion and margins.

A

amkufner

Reaction score
How can DAL sell CubeX2 if it's hasn't been FDA approved
You can sell it as long as you make the Dr. aware of it. So far non of them really cared. Now it's approved anyways.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I had a few margins start to flake when I thinned them out. Not too thin either. Shoulder margin. Weird... Used a red berry
Red Berry is way to coarse for me. Blue berry to reduce connectors; Wagner GS Contour for the margins.

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
I use what I use on EMAX margins, pink dialite wheel. The blue and red r.berry are for 1100 Zr
Pink is perfect for margins

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
this looks like good material, but if i can't get it in a cerec block i'm out.

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
I created two bridges with single pontics. First one painted on tech., the other dipped 20 with SO inc.
Pontics were tough to color. They were high in value. Dipping with SO incisal creates a lower value.
I don't think SO will work with lighter shades.

T

twinrivers14

Reaction score
It seems to me that it still has the same problem that most zir. on the market has. It starts out white as snow then stained to the shade requested. Which means if the Dr. adjust any chair side they will grind through color. This is just my opinion but I am a big fan of the shaded pucks and really like the multi shaded stuff on the market. The emax multi is great stuff too the down side being single units only. And what ingot line of emax is the cubix saying that it is as trans. as. I bet it wasn't and HT ingot. The other thing about this zir. is that it has to be a minimal of .8 that's going to be a little problem with the guys we work for especially in the posterior. Still probably going to try it though.

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
No, as translucent as HT Emax.
I have grinded on it, it keeps the color, not white when dipping.
I to am a fan of shaded pucks, not multi ones(to high in value)
Sometimes add a little inc pre stain to shaded Zr
And it way faster!
I hope CubeX2 comes out with shaded pucks,
Then they would rule the world;)Beer

Toast

Toast

Reaction score
The other thing about this zir. is that it has to be a minimal of .8 that's going to be a little problem with the guys we work for especially in the posterior. Still probably going to try it though.

Not sure about CubeX but Imagine can be thinner than .8mm.

From their site:
General
Wall Thickness: Posterior ≥0.5 mm
Anterior ≥0.3mm
Connector Cross Sections:
Posterior ≥12 mm²
Anterior ≥12 mm²

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
I would argue that the new jensen material is not as strong as they claim. .8 seems appropriate as well as no feather edge margin designs. I feel "seat of the pants test" emax press margin strength seems higher than imagine:/ For esthetic aspects it is nice, however I would love to see a 3rd party evaluation of these new materials for REAL TECHNICAL DATA. I pressed jensen for technical info on grain structure and they couldn't understand why I would care..... we have done approximately 40 units so far. 4 failed during handling. 2 in the green state, 2 after sintered. We would be at 1 in 80 to 100 in house remill with lava plus. Maybe even less. These are touchy materials.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
If .8mm is the minimal thickness then using this for anteriors leaves me with doubts.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
as well as no feather edge margin designs.

1289.jpg

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
i still don't get it for anteriors....still no bonding! use bonded e.max. thats where the strength is. Im like a broken record.