GoldRunner

GoldRunner

Reaction score
Milling some now for testing. Will test few staining shades. Beer

Here we go......

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
Using higher the sintering temp(1520c) and this material being tough to color.. Yes, the final chroma is added through stain and glaze. Jason brought up a good idea we are trying today, using Origin's incisal colors..
Honestly, treat CubeX like the EMAX HT process.

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
Bob, any word on the FDA approving this material? Or a ETA? Thanks Tad

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
LL pics brings up a interesting point with this material.... Controlling its value!

L

lucky54

Reaction score
@@lifelikedental

The best i have seen in translucent zircon Congratsbut now we sincerly all want to know which sinter temp and which colors you have used

L

lifelikedental

Reaction score
Camera setting

t3i with 100mm Macro Twin Lite MT-24EX Flash

Manual 1/100 F22 ISO 100

Flash at Manual 1/1

I just followed the recommended sintering cycle

10C a min to 900C hold 1 min

4C to 1540C hold 2 hours

Dipped in A3 for 45 seconds. Blot excess liquid and immediately throw inside convection oven 200F for 20 mins

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Camera setting

t3i with 100mm Macro Twin Lite MT-24EX Flash

Manual 1/100 F22 ISO 100

Flash at Manual 1/1

I just followed the recommended sintering cycle

10C a min to 900C hold 1 min

4C to 1540C hold 2 hours

Dipped in A3 for 45 seconds. Blot excess liquid and immediately throw inside convection oven 200F for 20 mins
Really nice. And helpful. Thanks!!!

GoldRunner

GoldRunner

Reaction score
Thanks lifelikedental. My results were not as nice. Did you use the incisal liquid?
We used the same sintering cycle, but it didn't look that much more translucent than our zenostar.
Very unimpressed with our test samples. This might take some time to get it dialed in. For those that think this stuff is like eMax HT, REALLY? We did not get a good incisal blend or translucency.

First thing I'd like to try is just fire an unshaded unit to make sure it is sintering properly. It mills very nicely. Our samples came out slightly more chromatized, with the hue more yellow, and higher value. Possibly underfired, over soaked (strangely enough the inside looked more translucent and closer in shade than the outside). We tried to follow the directions exactly.

Suggestions?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Thanks lifelikedental. My results were not as nice. Did you use the incisal liquid?
We used the same sintering cycle, but it didn't look that much more translucent than our zenostar.
Very unimpressed with our test samples. This might take some time to get it dialed in. For those that think this stuff is like eMax HT, REALLY? We did not get a good incisal blend or translucency.

First thing I'd like to try is just fire an unshaded unit to make sure it is sintering properly. It mills very nicely. Our samples came out slightly more chromatized, with the hue more yellow, and higher value. Possibly underfired, over soaked (strangely enough the inside looked more translucent and closer in shade than the outside). We tried to follow the directions exactly.

Suggestions?
I would try it at 1540c. Sounds under fired or contaminated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
From what I have read , Dental Direkt recommends 1450 degress celcius for 2 hours . Why is everyone sintering at 1540ish ? I am sintering at 1450 and they look fantastic . I also tried the CopraSmile from Whitepeaks , pretty much the same stuff , they look great . The demo I did in the IDS had this topic , new hyper translucent zirconia .