CRYSTAL BOND MARYLAND

• Thread starter k2 Ceramic Studio
  • Start date
k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Hi guys, Help please...... Just got a job in today and the surgeon has put on the ticket.

Crystal Bond Maryland, UR 432, palatal/occlusal wing on ur4, pal ur2, shade cervical 1/3 a3.5 + distal contact a3.5, body and incisal/mesial contact a3, I'll send pictures.

Never even hears of a CBM and when I google it, google seems to point to bonding to glass and not metal. Any help would be great Thanks Pete:confused:

M

martintay

Reaction score
Pete i`m pretty sure (years ago) it was crystals applied to model before waxing wings and then you could remove bridge and dissolve the crystals in water to leave a retentive surface. Sorry thats all i remember !!

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
I was thinking along the same lines but could not find anything through google so just thought I was going senile, Lol
Thanks Martin I will dig a bit deeper now I know I'm not going mad.

M

martintay

Reaction score
Maybe a Shofu product ?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I agree with Martintay, it may be a reference to a way to gain mechanical retention on the metal wings for cement to stick to.

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
martintay got it i believe, the 'crystalbond' system was a brand name that used dissolved crystals - not sure what they were made of but i knew techs that worked with salt crystals and got results. Anyone remember 'klettobond' the mesh retention layer that was on the underside of the wings?
K2 - send mick a message, he's sure to have seen the stuff, it may even be gathering cobwebs in the back of his cupboards. I cant believe any dentists are asking for this from the labs these days, things have moved on.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
...and here I thought Crystal Bond was the love child of James and ***** Galore!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
....haha...can't use that word here apparently.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
martintay got it i believe, the 'crystalbond' system was a brand name that used dissolved crystals - not sure what they were made of but i knew techs that worked with salt crystals and got results. Anyone remember 'klettobond' the mesh retention layer that was on the underside of the wings?
K2 - send mick a message, he's sure to have seen the stuff, it may even be gathering cobwebs in the back of his cupboards. I cant believe any dentists are asking for this from the labs these days, things have moved on.
Thanks guys, yeh I will send Mick an email. This guy was at the BACD thing in Manchester back in November so chances are some one has draged it back from the dead. Truth be told he is one of the good guys out there, always wants to do the best for his patients and does alot of training to improve his skills .So the guys heart is in the right place. Thanks again guys, As soon as I get my hands on this stuff I will take pics. Pete

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Found a bit more info on it guys, thanks again for all the help, Pete
crystalbond bridge.jpg

Bob Smith

Bob Smith

Reaction score
We did several Virginia bridges many moons ago. Memory fails me but I think that we had a problem controlling the salt crystals. Seemed like a good idea ,much more undercut surface area to bond compared to acid etching. Good luck!

cheadlemick

cheadlemick

Reaction score
i love this site just for these replies *uc* the chinese and the people who send work there, the people on here are the good guys! Phew glad i got that off my chest!

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
i love this site just for these replies *uc* the chinese and the people who send work there, the people on here are the good guys! Phew glad i got that off my chest!

Hi Mick Hows tricks pal, what have you gone back to- total mayhem or tranquil serenity?

cheadlemick

cheadlemick

Reaction score
Hi Pete hope your keeping well! total mayhem i took two full weeks off then it all kicked off ai3.kym_cdn.com_photos_images_newsfeed_000_353_279_e31.jpg

What about yourself?
ai3.kym_cdn.com_photos_images_newsfeed_000_353_279_e31.jpg

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Still at work and no idea when I am going to get home so............Yep total mayhem Lol

cheadlemick

cheadlemick

Reaction score
well im at home but still on DLN Lol! I am doing that Nondas course in a couple of weeks so will report back! Then i am going to drive to sunny Manchester to see you if thats ok! I will check when its convenient!

Top Bottom