Converting Sironas CDT Models to STL

S

semper:fi

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

im a dental technician from germany and currently studying dentistry.

Im currently writing my dissertation about intraoral scanners and naturally ive encountered a problem with Sironas cdt files. To make my comparisons i need them in the STL Fileformat and i tried to convert the via Crossmanager.

But the Files i recieved look like they have a low resolution in the flat parts while the detailed parts have a higher resolution. The right side of the image shows it quite clear i think. Sirona said that this is part of their compression strategy to keep their files small and that only a conversion via inLab would result in correct files.

T4BBTFw.jpg

Does anyone have the possibilities to convert CDT to STL via inLab (Version 15 does it naturally i think?),of course i would bear for any resulting costs. I also would be grateful for any additional information about sironas compression strategies and resolution of the scans.. anything i can get!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
upgrade to v 15. there used to be a method with blender, but the maker of that project has not continued working on it.

S

Reaction score
Hi,
thanks for your answer. Our university has inLab but only an older version, and an upgrade to a newer Version sadly isnt planned. :(

S

Reaction score
Thank you very much, i will write you a personal message as soon as i recieve the files from my supervisor.

Edward123

Edward123

Reaction score
Upload that CDT file...let me take a look...
I will soon be entering the world of having to convert CDT to STL file so that I can design and manufacture cases for a Cerec practice. I will be designing on 3shape.
There seem to be some alternatives available, but in the interest of working with quality scans, is the only good option Sirona Connect and inLab? I'm sure that's not an inexpensive purchase particularly for light use.
Any thoughts for labs like me in this situation?
Thanks

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Need to know what are you up against, send me some samples...

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
if you can save that CDT as (or export as) .lab or .dxd then it can be imported to the v15 software -by anyone who has it- and then saved as .stl

or so my experience tells me.

IVY

IVY

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

im a dental technician from germany and currently studying dentistry.

Im currently writing my dissertation about intraoral scanners and naturally ive encountered a problem with Sironas cdt files. To make my comparisons i need them in the STL Fileformat and i tried to convert the via Crossmanager.

But the Files i recieved look like they have a low resolution in the flat parts while the detailed parts have a higher resolution. The right side of the image shows it quite clear i think. Sirona said that this is part of their compression strategy to keep their files small and that only a conversion via inLab would result in correct files.

T4BBTFw.jpg

Does anyone have the possibilities to convert CDT to STL via inLab (Version 15 does it naturally i think?),of course i would bear for any resulting costs. I also would be grateful for any additional information about sironas compression strategies and resolution of the scans.. anything i can get!

Hi, try www.cdt2stl.com

Edward123

Edward123

Reaction score
Need to know what are you up against, send me some samples...
I would be happy to send over some CEREC files. Do you want actual CEREC files (.rst, .dxd, .lab) or do they want the cases the way the doc would send them via CEREC Connect?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
again if they are .dxd or .lab anyone with v15 software can import/export as stl. including me.

Aggrey Abwonza

Aggrey Abwonza

Reaction score
You a right, saving and export as stl. File will do the magic.

Sent from my TECNO-M6S using Tapatalk

N

nicky_g

Reaction score
Im converting the .cdt files with the datakit crossmanager it works. Just convert it to an obj and throw into meshmixer than you can separate the model from the restoration.

E

elpedras

Reaction score
Hello,
Can anyone help me find a STL to CDT converter?

N

nicky_g

Reaction score
Hello,
Can anyone help me find a STL to CDT converter?
hey look up crossmanager by data kit i use it. If you dont wanna pay just use the regular sources to get it.