CONSULTATION ON SCANNERS

3M LAVA SCANNER OR MEDIT BLUE OR STEINBICHLER?

• 3M LAVA SCANNER

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • MEDIT BLUE

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • STEINBICHLER

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
elpiojoxp

elpiojoxp

Reaction score
K

KIM

Reaction score
http://dentalproducts.dentalproduct.../products/3m-espe-lava-scan-st-design-system/

"When used as a satellite scanner by Lave™ Design Centers, the CAD file is electronically transferred to the Authorized Lava™ Milling Center for milling and sintering via Lava™ Connect Application and a dedicated server for transfer. "

that is "salesman" code for "proprietary file system"

Lava Design 7 software is no longer sold in the U.S. Any labs that own LD7 in the U.S. would have switched to another software by now or will very shortly when their license expires.

In the U.S. labs that own a Lava ST1 or ST2 scanner have 2 options:
1) They can run Preciso CAD from Jensen (Exocad) OR
2) They can run Dental Wings

Both software options produce .stl files with no issue

Outside of the U.S. you can run Exocad if you purchase the driver for it from an Exocad reseller OR you can purchase Dental Wings. Please be aware that if you purchase a used ST1 scanner you will need a very expensive dongle from Steinbichler which run about $1,200 USD. If the used scanner you are looking at ran LD7 on it before, make sure you get the dongle with it as you will save yourself $1,200. Steinbichler scanners are absolutely top of the class when it comes to the amount of scan data collected, accuracy and durability.

elpiojoxp

elpiojoxp

Reaction score
Anyone else enjoying this thread?

I don't see the value for a dentist to be doing his own bars/ implants.

The amount of time spent designing/milling/staining and sintering .
You are better off seeing more patients.

The amount of time spent designing/milling/staining and sintering, yes I know it takes many time, but its very funny, I like to do it... further models do not have saliva, or cheeks, no tongue, no proper motions, no blood, no plaque, no pain, no discomfort, no bad mood, do not miss the appointment, do not complain, do not get sick, dont make you loose your time, want me to continue listing? I love to Work With models too. Fear not, I am not a threat to you, or anyone, I'm about 8000 km from your office. I just love the art work of dentistry, I love to do art with my patients in their mouths from the very beginning to the final results.

Lava Design 7 software is no longer sold in the U.S. Any labs that own LD7 in the U.S. would have switched to another software by now or will very shortly when their license expires.

Both software options produce .stl files with no issue

Outside of the U.S. you can run Exocad if you purchase the driver for it from an Exocad reseller OR you can purchase Dental Wings. Please be aware that if you purchase a used ST1 scanner you will need a very expensive dongle from Steinbichler which run about $1,200 USD. If the used scanner you are looking at ran LD7 on it before, make sure you get the dongle with it as you will save yourself $1,200. Steinbichler scanners are absolutely top of the class when it comes to the amount of scan data collected, accuracy and durability.

Very helpfull post! Thank you very very much. I wanna be in contact with you

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
HAHAHA dental wings. gold, jerry, gold!

K

KIM

Reaction score
Well, it's an option....Not the most chosen but it's an option....
You know, Scott has his own chatroom. Go waste his time...
I would put a raincoat on before you go in there

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score

You sure about this????...because I'm pretty sure any Exocad will run on an ST2, along with any other software out there as well...including 3Shape (and who the hell would buy a ST2 and put Dental Wings on it should be shot) and various other softwares, its an open scanner, any software platform can be used.

K

KIM

Reaction score
You sure about this????...because I'm pretty sure any Exocad will run on an ST2, along with any other software out there as well...including 3Shape (and who the hell would buy a ST2 and put Dental Wings on it should be shot) and various other softwares, its an open scanner, any software platform can be used.

I agree with your comment in the middle :). You need the proper scan driver to run the software and I am NOT aware of 3 Shape ever being run on a Steinbichler? I was listing what options Jensen's clients had through Jensen. Preciso CAD is Exocad with a Preciso CAD skin on it. I have heard that Exocad offers a scan driver for the Steinbichler but that's outside of our system.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I agree with your comment in the middle :). You need the proper scan driver to run the software and I am NOT aware of 3 Shape ever being run on a Steinbichler? I was listing what options Jensen's clients had through Jensen. Preciso CAD is Exocad with a Preciso CAD skin on it. I have heard that Exocad offers a scan driver for the Steinbichler but that's outside of our system.

Gotcha, the way you wrote it made it seem that ST2's can ONLY run that specific software. You're right, you have to have the driver, but that's with any hardware/software combo. I know some fellas across the pond that have a bunch of different software's (including 3shape) running the ST2.

Evin@IDL

Evin@IDL

Reaction score
Looking for a new scanner and thinking of trying to buy a Steinbichler. I want open exocad so going with Jensen will not work. Scott said he can get me a new one. It will take 3 weeks to get it. Has anybody else purchased a Steinbichler from Scott?

Evin@IDL

Evin@IDL

Reaction score

KIM,, Do you know if the Exocad scan driver is extra when you purchase it for a Steinbichler?