Clear Flexible Clasp

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
What clear flex material bonds to teeth and acrylic? We got a repair in today that has a clear clasp that isn't mechanically adhered to the partial. It is bonded to both the partial and the adjacent denture tooth. Any ideas what it could be?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
What clear flex material bonds to teeth and acrylic? We got a repair in today that has a clear clasp that isn't mechanically adhered to the partial. It is bonded to both the partial and the adjacent denture tooth. Any ideas what it could be?
Maybe one of the 4C partials?

Unless someone mixed clear ortho acrylic really loose? Dontknow

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Maybe one of the 4C partials?

Unless someone mixed clear ortho acrylic really loose? Dontknow

Not 4C, this was hard pink acrylic with the clear clasp bonded to the buccal flange and where it came up next to a denture tooth it was bonded there as well.
We've never seen anything like it, but would like to find out what it is. The Dr is going to see if the patient remembers who her dentist was when she had it made.
Of course I didn't get a picture of it...grrrr

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Not 4C, this was hard pink acrylic with the clear clasp bonded to the buccal flange and where it came up next to a denture tooth it was bonded there as well.
We've never seen anything like it, but would like to find out what it is. The Dr is going to see if the patient remembers who her dentist was when she had it made.
Of course I didn't get a picture of it...grrrr
I can't think of the name or anything else right now but I saw a flexi clasp system that looked like this and I have very vague recollections about anything else regarding it if someone else remembers ... Maybe?

It was just a flat thing that was trimmed, warmed to shape, and cured into the rpd IIRC.
Untitled.png

D

David Laville

Reaction score
I can't think of the name or anything else right now but I saw a flexi clasp system that looked like this and I have very vague recollections about anything else regarding it if someone else remembers ... Maybe?

It was just a flat thing that was trimmed, warmed to shape, and cured into the rpd IIRC.
View attachment 30299

Is this what you're talking about?
5f5677_46f601d4fc03486994970d5ed52ffaab~mv2.png

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
I just checked out their website. This may be what it was, if not, it's very close. Thanks!!

We use a ton of these, acrylic does bond to them. There is a little learning curve to shaping them since each case is different but overall they are very nice. Our accounts love them and with probably 2 years of working with them I can say they are a big [emoji106] in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom