China, Tarrifs, Trump, Cheap Crowns

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
This echos a lot of what we've kicked around here, differentiate on something other than price, and be a growing asset to the offices in offering ability to assist in more than putting a crown in a box and mailing it off like an offshore option would do.

Just thought I'd put it here in case someone doesn't get to see it otherwise.

http://www.dentalproductsreport.com...and-cheap-crowns-mean-us-dental-laboratories?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
image.php

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
This echos a lot of what we've kicked around here, differentiate on something other than price, and be a growing asset to the offices in offering ability to assist in more than putting a crown in a box and mailing it off like an offshore option would do.

Just thought I'd put it here in case someone doesn't get to see it otherwise.

http://www.dentalproductsreport.com...and-cheap-crowns-mean-us-dental-laboratories?
"The author’s findings were rather bleak: Imported devices are a fraction of the cost of domestic devices, so a tariff would not even the playing field; domestic labs are closing as a result of overseas competition and industry consolidation; and machines may soon be taking over for dental technicians."

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
"The author’s findings were rather bleak: Imported devices are a fraction of the cost of domestic devices, so a tariff would not even the playing field; domestic labs are closing as a result of overseas competition and industry consolidation; and machines may soon be taking over for dental technicians."
Add this to the mix: Trainees from big box labs opening up their own lab. Complete with CDTs and claims of being a master technician. To top it off, there are plenty of docs that keep sending.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I don't get posterior crowns back for shade adjustments. Ever. Is that because they are always right on? I doubt it.

Agree, if anything, it's for a contact add on. I sent out a FCZ #30 yesterday morning that I thought came out pretty nice (1M1).
I saw the Dr later that afternoon and asked how it went, she said ok. I wanted more feedback so I asked was it to high value, to low value,
to much chroma, to little chroma? She thought for a couple of seconds and said she really didn't know, it looked good, the patient liked it. The thing
she did remember was that is was a 8:00 appt and the patient was out the door by 8:15.

I wanted more feedback for how it looked, but she, and Drs in general for a posteriors seem to be more concerned about seat times,
more than how it looks(ed).

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Agree, if anything, it's for a contact add on. I sent out a FCZ #30 yesterday morning that I thought came out pretty nice (1M1).
I saw the Dr later that afternoon and asked how it went, she said ok. I wanted more feedback so I asked was it to high value, to low value,
to much chroma, to little chroma? She thought for a couple of seconds and said she really didn't know, it looked good, the patient liked it. The thing
she did remember was that is was a 8:00 appt and the patient was out the door by 8:15.

I wanted more feedback for how it looked, but she, and Drs in general for a posteriors seem to be more concerned about seat times,
more than how it looks(ed).
chroma? value? hue? i am not certain these are terms taught in dental school any longer. Laugh

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
chroma? value? hue? i am not certain these are terms taught in dental school any longer. Laugh

lol...you're right, maybe that's why there was a bit of hesitation on her part...thinking "what's that?...but it did fit"

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
lol...you're right, maybe that's why there was a bit of hesitation on her part...thinking "what's that?...but it did fit"
I'm aware of one that doesn't even require prepping for a 3unit bridge to pass. Certainly there are more.

Top Bottom