Cerec oral scanner

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Hello friends,
i have a dentist who is buying a cerec oral scanner and wants to know if I could receive his scans (stl).
I am not very well versed on this issue,
My system is exocad Presico from Jensen, any info or knowledge will be appreciated .

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'm sorry Tayeb but you should know everything you can about intra oral scanners.
Your future will depend on it.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Tayeb, if the files are sent to you as open .stl then yes. You may have some model correlation to do, but yes, any open .stl

Baobabtree

Baobabtree

Reaction score
https://news.dentsplysirona.com/en/...en--cerec--a-complete-system-for-restora.html
Not sure if the doc has a click and send stl option built into the sirona workflow or if they will have to do a file conversion themselves of the original before they can send it to a lab of their choice. I have a client who has got cerec and have mentioned to him about sending me stl files, but he prefers to send an analogue imp. Not sure if that suggests it is more of a faff on his part to convert the original file to an stl.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I'm sorry Tayeb but you should know everything you can about intra oral scanners.
Your future will depend on it.
I agree, I am looking for ceminars in my area to get educated on this topic. Beside my second son is graduating from dental school this month, I have to get ready.

S

samehbarsoum

Reaction score
Hello friends,
i have a dentist who is buying a cerec oral scanner and wants to know if I could receive his scans (stl).
My system is exocad Presico from Jensen, any info or knowledge will be appreciated .

Cerec 4.5 allows saving captured scans on an .stl format: you will find 2 stls in the “save to folder” and the occlusal correlation is very accurate.
You can ask the dentist to send the files before adjusting the planes.
The scans appear much better in the cerec software then they appear in exocad unless there is a real good tissue retraction then you will find nice working virtual models easy to die trim.
You cannot export the die trimming from cerec so ask him/ her not to waste time over this.
If the dentist has a license for the ortho software then ask him/her to scan with the ortho software especially for full arch cases.
Lab desktop scanners have a hard time scanning proximals unless you have a second die scan. Not the case with cerec scan where you have excellent scans (again providing you have a good retraction)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Glad to see you're still here Tayeb...and Congrats!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I agree, I am looking for ceminars in my area to get educated on this topic. Beside my second son is graduating from dental school this month, I have to get ready.
Why?

Call the scanner companies and have a rep drop by for a demo.
They want to sell scanners and you are their conduit to your drs.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
We were just talking about this on another thread...Sirona opened up there software for labs if you just wanted to buy the sirona software to accept scans (around 3K),using their portal system, then it doesn't matter what format they are in and you can design/mill in any config you want. Hope that helps.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Why?

Call the scanner companies and have a rep drop by for a demo.
They want to sell scanners and you are their conduit to your drs.
Explain to me Rob,
you use your oral scanner to scan Pts.teeth in dentist’s operetory? or you lend the scanner to dentists for a charge or to send cases to you instead?, excuse my ignorance.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
We were just talking about this on another thread...Sirona opened up there software for labs if you just wanted to buy the sirona software to accept scans (around 3K),using their portal system, then it doesn't matter what format they are in and you can design/mill in any config you want. Hope that helps.

Rob,
Please elaborate on this, share some insight?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Explain to me Rob,
you use your oral scanner to scan Pts.teeth in dentust’s operetory? or you lend the scanner to dentists for a charge or to send cases to you instead?, excuse my ignorance.
I visit the dentist and provide my scanner and train them towards my workflow.
My fees included the use of my scanner but I don't do the scanning. I just make sure it's done right.
no surprises

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Hello friends,

Tayeb, if you're capable to import stl files into Preciso software then there should be no issues,,, just as long as he exports in .stl format. However having or getting things aligned may be an issue. It may be possible to have a "cerec" import button added to your software,,,maybe, just ask your rep at Jensen,,,, they may need to add some lines (xml changes) to the software. If its possible, when completed you will be able able to import the scans directly with jaws aligned in proper max man orientation,,,,providing the doc did his J...O...B properly!

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
My fees included the use of my scanner but I don't do the scanning. I just make sure it's done right.
no surprises

You live in a different country....to many capitalists here:)

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
no surprises
So you provide the scanner and a lab top with the oral scanner’s software installed on it to complete the procedure?.